User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wireslv,

What made you decide to use the Quattro instead of the MultiPlus-II 2x120V? Do you know if the MultiPlus-II 2x120V would be able to power the inverter with excess solar power and reduce the draw from the pole?
    Buying Time
    2021 Momentum 397TH
    2019 Ford F350 Dually Lariat

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInForEver View Post
    wireslv,

What made you decide to use the Quattro instead of the MultiPlus-II 2x120V? Do you know if the MultiPlus-II 2x120V would be able to power the inverter with excess solar power and reduce the draw from the pole?
    The largest MultiPlus with 120V output was 3000 Watts and I wanted something larger. Two 3000W MultiPlus units in parallel seemed overly complex, plus I found a great deal on the 5000 Watt Quattro so that's how I ended up there.

To use excess solar I believe it's identical with the MultiPlus or the Quattro meaning that you would need to enable ESS mode and that brings the risk of having your power cord blades being energized when you unplug from shore power. One possible safe alternative with either model would be to use 'virtual switch' programming and set it up to ignore AC input when your batteries are fully charged.
    John and Vicki
    2022 Solitude 375RES-R
    2021 Ford F-450

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12