User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

linking 328M grey water tanks

Bought a 2015 328M and would like to link the two grey water tanks. Looking for how to help from anyone who may have done this already.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not going to try to talk you out of this, as you probably have a reason for wanting to do this. But I have had 2 grey tanks in a couple of RVs, for the last 11 years, and like them seperate. There are some advantages to that... I do not know your RV, so I cannot help you there, but I will suggest that when you make this change, that you add a valve in the line connecting the tanks together. It would be easy and cheap to do, and allow you, or a future owner the option of returning to a seperate grey tank system by simply closing the valve.
    In fact closing the valve prior to dumping would be a good thing
    Last edited by huntindog; 12-17-2021 at 05:59 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, good idea on the additional valve. Curious why you don't think this is a good idea? I am doing it because my bathroom grey tank fills up muuuuuuuch quicker than the kitchen grey tank. Having the two linked gives just makes better use of the overall grey capacity.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4garyc View Post
    Thanks, good idea on the additional valve. Curious why you don't think this is a good idea? I am doing it because my bathroom grey tank fills up muuuuuuuch quicker than the kitchen grey tank. Having the two linked gives just makes better use of the overall grey capacity.
    For our use, I have found that their is a pretty large difference in the stink factor between the two. With the kitchen being much worse. Sometimes we are in a situation where it is OK to offload grey water... Doing this with only the shower water is smell free. And when dumping all of the tanks, I do the shower one last for the best dump hose rinse. But the main reason I guess is that We have never really had the need to combine them.
    As always, YMMV
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you have one or two dump valves. my 310gk has one & I use this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS...alterra+valves
    If needed. Bought it mainly so I don't get an unintended shower while dumping.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the Valterra. If we will be a site for a week or so, I keep that on and closed then open both grey tank dump valves (NOT the black tank valve). Now water is free to travel between greys. But keep this in mind, you MUST close all valves before moving your rig. First time and we forgot; truck moved 5 ft and stopped and we went inside to check something; grey water had come up thru the drain and some washed over the bottom rim of shower. Thats the very worst way to empty a grey tank !
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)