User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Television access in 346FLS televator

I just received a new (2021) 346FLS and found no access to the rear of the television to plug in an amazon fire stick. Any ideas? Looks like the only way in is pulling the electric fire place out.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the TV in the up position, the connections are on the side - usually the right hand side as you're looking at the screen. Ours were very easy to get to. Your 2021 model should have a smart TV anyway, though - no need for a FireStick. We watch Prime Video (and NetFlix, etc.) on the TCL ROKU TV that came in our Solitude with no add-ons.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob
    No access on either side. Cabinet only wide enough to get my fingers in. Didn't ROKU require a subscription? I tried to activate it and it wanted my credit card info. My fire stick has access to everything without additional cost.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canderson1867 View Post
    Thanks Rob
    No access on either side. Cabinet only wide enough to get my fingers in. Didn't ROKU require a subscription? I tried to activate it and it wanted my credit card info. My fire stick has access to everything without additional cost.
    Our unit doesn't have a cabinet wall on the front/right hand side, so I didn't have that issue. I already had a ROKU account from a previous device in the house, but my credit card information is not part of that account. I imagine you would need to enter that information were you to subscribe to any new pay subscription services, but in this case, you already have an Amazon Prime account and would log into that with your Amazon credentials.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wrong about subscriptions. You were right and my wife "quietly" informed me we have a Prime account. The TV and surrounding cabinet (left, back, and right) come up out of the room dividing cabinet. The tv will rock back and forth about an inch but no way of reaching behind. When I talked with GD customer support, I was told it is a bad design by GD. If the fireplace is the only access, I will plan on designing an access panel that is pleasing the eyes but efficient in use. I just hate messing with something that is expensive and new. The "red flag" was raised, and I ignored it when the walk around was delayed since they had to remove the fireplace to plug the TV into a power outlet inside the cabinet. I though then that was crazy and thought surely not. There had to be another "sensible" access door somewhere. Opps, there I go again thinking.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canderson1867 View Post
    ...my wife "quietly" informed me we have a Prime account.
    Wives are very good at keeping us straight, aren't they?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it's probably the same in the 310, but bring it half up/down. On ours, the plug is on the left side, about half-way between top & bottom. Use a flashlight from above and you'll be able to see it. Might be easiest to install a couple ft long cord and secure it somewhere easier to get to, but it's not a big problem for us after doing it a few times. We always bring our fire stick with us.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Wives are very good at keeping us straight, aren't they?

Rob
    This wins the quote of the day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pat & Lisa Lee
    Farragut, Tennessee
    2008 F-350/ 2021 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Think it's probably the same in the 310, but bring it half up/down. On ours, the plug is on the left side, about half-way between top & bottom. Use a flashlight from above and you'll be able to see it. Might be easiest to install a couple ft long cord and secure it somewhere easier to get to, but it's not a big problem for us after doing it a few times. We always bring our fire stick with us.
    It was such a PIA to run an HDMI cable from the TV to the cabinet where the TV stuff goes I only ran 1 HDMI and use a switch to go from my Blue-ray player and my satellite receiver.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 346 my cable was bad to replace I put TV in up postion then removed fireplace laid on my back on floor and replaced cable it was the only way I could get to back of TV didn't take long and was pretty easy

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast