Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RAM Digital Rearview Mirror Interface with RV Rear Camera

Have a RAM 2022 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab Diesel that came equipped with a digital rearview mirror. Will be picking up my new Imagine 2970RL hopefully in the next month or two. Wanted to know if someone has experience with the RAM digital rearview mirror and how it interfaces with the RV Camera (the 2970RL comes prewired for a rear camera) ? Have not been able to find any info and any information would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays !!
    2022 Imagine 2970RL
    2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn w/Cummins Diesel

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two different systems and they will not interface. The pre-wire on the trailer is really just a mount specifically designed for a branded camera (Furrion) and wires tied into lights on camper.

You would need the RAM "tow mode camera" and prep in your truck and, AFAIK, the camera is hardwired, so you'll have to run a wire from your truck to the rear of the trailer and plug into the truck. I do not believe there's a wireless RAM camera as of yet.

Full Timing Family
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RAM digital rearview mirror has tow mode where you suposed to see what's behind the RV but they do not explain how it interfaces.. You would think that it would not require running a wire from the truck to the camera in the RV but that would mean wireless as you suggest which it is not.

Appreciate your taking time to respond.
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleMRV View Post
    The RAM digital rearview mirror has tow mode where you suposed to see what's behind the RV but they do not explain how it interfaces.. You would think that it would not require running a wire from the truck to the camera in the RV but that would mean wireless as you suggest which it is not.

Appreciate your taking time to respond.
    Welcome. Do you have the connection for the camera in the bed of your truck? I do believe RAM has two types of cameras now as well to make it more confusing.

I'm not sure if linking another forum (even though it's truck specific, not RV) is allowed, so I'll just suggest to search Google with the following:

HD Rams 2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

First few links should get your the information you're needing better than I can explain it.

Full Timing Family
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks will jump over to the RAM forum..
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleMRV View Post
    Thanks will jump over to the RAM forum..
    Sure thing. I've gone through the options for tow cameras with a RAM and a Ford in the last year so I had to go through the research just like you're doing now.

Full Timing Family
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R