User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan and Deb View Post
    Opening the slide is the main issue as well for my wife, otherwise we would have pulled the trigger already. Going to have a good look at it again on the 6th. Plan to inspect frame, underbelly tires etc while Deb goes over the interior. She is pickier than I am lol.
    The slide issue is a deal breaker for some and many others have no issues with it. We were in Yellowstone during the summer and had a problem with our living area slide (Schwintek). It stuck in the out position. I managed to get it in and we spent the rest of the trip without opening it. The only inconvenience it caused was the loss of space. Had it have been blocking our bath or fridge we would have had to cut the trip short. Again, this is a rare occurrence and may never present a problem to you.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see it as a deal breaker, have to open the slide on our current rig to access bathroom while travelling. Our truck camper is really handy in that regard.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan and Deb View Post
    Hi all. Just joined the forum today. We are currently seriously considering a 2017 Reflection 26rl and are wondering if there any known issues with these units or GD reflection trailers in general. At least this one is pre covid! We currently have a bumper pull from Crossroads but I have always preferred a 5er. Other than no outdoor kitchen this rig checks almost all of our must have boxes and Deb loves the kitchen layout. Interior seems well built and solid and exterior has held up well with little fading. A bit more expensive than others available from different manufacturers but hopefully the build quality makes up for it.

Looking forward to getting the groups feedback and hopefully becoming permanent members!
    My wife and I are camper and dealer hobbyist, by that I mean we go to many RV shows and stop on a regular basis just to look at campers! I have been in literally thousands of RV's over the last 40 years! We own a Reflection Travel trailer. I think today they have one of the best fit and finish of any RV in their price range! Are they better than trailers built 20 years ago, probably not, but they seem to be doing it better than most and are definitely better to work with than almost anyone out there if you need help!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that seems to be the general consensus. Will complete the purchase if we can agree on the details when they reopen next week.
    Thanks everyone for your input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone,

Being that I bought my first Grand Design 260RD in 2021 and spent a full year camping with it, I can say with all confidence that this was by far the best camper / 5th wheel I have ever owned. Towing it, camping, and basically using it in general was just a dream. Everything worked great, no issues. The only down side was really spending time with the manual and the water system. ( LOL) Once I understood how it worked, it was awesome. I am sooo excited to go camping in 2022, that it was almost like a funeral when I had to winterize it and put it away until spring. The wife and I have already booked two camping trips already and looking to plan others. Using the camper alot last year, the one advice I can give a new user of a Grand Design 5th wheel is " READ THE MANUAL" and when your done read it again!!! With all the high tech gadgets that are part of a Grand Design camper, reading he manual will be your best friend. On a side note, this forum has been a major life-line for me, in being able to help answer questions and make things a ton easier using my new camper.

Thanks for everyone who has helped me in the past, many kudos !!
    Happy Camping in 2022 to Everyone!!
    GMC Sierra 2500 HD short box with oem puck system
    6.6 litre Gas V8
    Grand Design Reflection 260rd
    Demco 18k Hijacker Hitch with 25k rail kit system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12