User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Well, maybe my bubble burst - or not. Which comes first - purchase or PDI and does it vary by dealership? Dealership informs me that they don't perform a PDI until there is an owner. Talked with Grand Design twice today and the first rep said that the dealership 'should' perform a PDI when unit arrives. The second rep said that GD would not reimburse a dealer warranty claim without an owner (though he wants to confirm that).

When my son bought his Imagine, the PDI was done on arrival before he looked at it (it was not an order unlike ours). Same was true with our TT from the current dealer we are working with - the policy changed about 5 years ago so they say.

Just curious what others have experienced.
    I'm confused......

You ordered a Solitude the way you wanted it, it came in, now Camper's Inn is saying they won't PDI the unit??

The coach was ordered for you...it is yours. What do they think would happen? Are they saying you have to sign all the final documents BEFORE they do the PDI and walk through??

If that is the case, run away....fast. There is no reason to do it that way.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I'm confused......

You ordered a Solitude the way you wanted it, it came in, now Camper's Inn is saying they won't PDI the unit??

The coach was ordered for you...it is yours. What do they think would happen? Are they saying you have to sign all the final documents BEFORE they do the PDI and walk through??

Yep - that is exactly what they are saying. My wife figured it out - that is one way they can get new units on the lot to sell to anyone at any price. Take an order with low down payment and if the customer walks, they have units on the lot for sale that they couldn't get without an order.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep - that is exactly what they are saying. My wife figured it out - that is one way they can get new units on the lot to sell to anyone at any price. Take an order with low down payment and if the customer walks, they have units on the lot for sale that they couldn't get without an order.
    Yep, there are a lot of shady things going on right now.

We have heard of several dealers at the Hershey RV Show this year writing contracts on ordered units and not signing them. Then, when the unit comes in and has 25% more cost than they quoted, they can say that the contract was null and void since it wasn't signed.

100% shady practices....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give Mike Gaboury a call at Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA. I don't know where y'all are hailing from, but for us, it was will with the 1200 mile (one way) drive. Mike and Northgate RV were a pleasure to do business with.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Give Mike Gaboury a call at Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA. I don't know where y'all are hailing from, but for us, it was will with the 1200 mile (one way) drive. Mike and Northgate RV were a pleasure to do business with.

We are in New Hampshire a little over 1000 miles away. And I've found no independent inspectors in the entire New England area - called NRVIA and they could only provide one name and they would only do Class A's.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I'm confused......

Steve - thanks, for your post. Do you have a contact at GDRV whom Robbin and John can talk with about this who can then get with the dealer and get this resolved ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm a little confused. You say their bays are filled with units being prepped for delivery. Wouldn't that be the normal time to do the PDI? Are they saying your unit won't be pulled in and "prepped for delivery"? Normally you schedule a date and time to do the walk-through, sign and take delivery.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Steve - thanks, for your post. Do you have a contact at GDRV whom Robbin and John can talk with about this who can then get with the dealer and get this resolved ?

Dan
    Grand Design can't make a dealer do anything....
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I guess I'm a little confused. You say their bays are filled with units being prepped for delivery. Wouldn't that be the normal time to do the PDI? Are they saying your unit won't be pulled in and "prepped for delivery"? Normally you schedule a date and time to do the walk-through, sign and take delivery.
    That's what the salesman is telling me - no prep until I pay in full. They won't schedule a walk through until after they do their PDI which is after I pay them.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what the salesman is telling me - no prep until I pay in full. They won't schedule a walk through until after they do their PDI which is after I pay them.
    That sounds like complete BS to me. If you buy a house, you get an inspection done BEFORE you buy it.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast