User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    Hi there! My wife and I dont full time but really like our 310 gkr with residential frig. We boondock most of the time for 4 to 7 days at a time. We immediately went with 3 battleborn 100ah batteries so that the low voltage alarm of the inverter would not go off in the middle of the night. We have the factory solar of 300 watts which works pretty good but still need to run the generator the 2nd day probably because of being in the forest most times. I would like to add another 300 or more if I have room on the roof. We love the frig but does end up being pretty costly. But love to run all the other stuff off of solar too. Love the rig, would full time in it in a second.
    Thanks for posting - our 310GK-R is at the dealership and we ordered factory solar and Genny. Don't know how much boondocking we will be doing, but wanted that flexibility. My initial goal is to take delivery with two battleborn batteries and not have to deal with disposing of the dealer supplied lead-acid. How long do you run the generator typically?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Thanks for posting - our 310GK-R is at the dealership and we ordered factory solar and Genny. Don't know how much boondocking we will be doing, but wanted that flexibility. My initial goal is to take delivery with two battleborn batteries and not have to deal with disposing of the dealer supplied lead-acid. How long do you run the generator typically?

Can't wait until you get it so you can put them together with your setup.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a Progressive Dynamics 60 amp converter/charger, also running the furnace at night, we will run the genny 2hours in the morning and maybe 1 hour in the evening. Im adding a 90 amp PD converter/charger to use when boondocking under the forest, which I will only plug in then, not continually in the setup. You can charge at a 50 amp rate per battery according to Battleborn. I havent actually tried this yet, but im thinking it will charge the batts up pretty fast.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    With a Progressive Dynamics 60 amp converter/charger, also running the furnace at night, we will run the genny 2hours in the morning and maybe 1 hour in the evening. Im adding a 90 amp PD converter/charger to use when boondocking under the forest, which I will only plug in then, not continually in the setup. You can charge at a 50 amp rate per battery according to Battleborn. I havent actually tried this yet, but im thinking it will charge the batts up pretty fast.
    The chargers are lithium specific, which I believe helps quite a lot also.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the weight sheet for the 2022 we are on track to purchase, fresh water is 81 gal., gray 106, waste 53, and hot water 12.
    Fresh water is 81 gal but when you add the 12 gallon water heater it is 93 gal.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Factory Solar, Factory Disk Brakes, Heat Pump

2017 Reflection 29RS (Sold)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    Fresh water is 81 gal but when you add the 12 gallon water heater it is 93 gal.
    As of right now, I have yet to figure out how I get that 12 gallons out of the hot water tank to be useful.

It is simply beyond my comprehension...
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    As of right now, I have yet to figure out how I get that 12 gallons out of the hot water tank to be useful.

You lost me, not at all sure what you mean.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCOlson View Post
    We have settled on a used 310GK when we become full time RV'ers June 1, 2022. We will be mostly boondocking. Is this RV a good choice for full timing and boondocking?
    Is there a particular year we should be looking at? Anybody have an opinion on years that were better than others?
    From what I see the ceiling was raised from 12'11" to 13'5" in 2017. Is this important?
    After 21/1/2018 the fresh water tank went from 52 Gallons to 93 Gallons. Is this important or can I easily solve this with a 100 Gallon bladder in the truck bed thereby reducing the weight in the RV?
    I like the carpet-less kitchen living room floor much more than carpet but they did not start this until the middle of 2020. If this is the only reason to not buy earlier than 2020, then I will choose to save the money and live with the carpet. My stomach tells me to get a residential fridge over an RV one. I don't know anything about this other than some complaints about RV fridges not cooling well. What do you think?
    I am not aware of any other changes to this model from year to year. Any details on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts and Opinions Please!

Thanks

John & Kristal Olson

The fresh water tanks in the 2018 and beyond are larger than the 2017 and older models (I believe all tanks are larger, but I know the fresh is larger). The larger tanks of the 2018 310 GK was a big selling point for us.

For BoonDocking, I highly recommend having the Propane Fridge. You just can't count on Solar always being available to re-charge your batteries to run the Residential Fridge. If you want the cooling power of the Residential Fridge, and the BoonDocking capabilities of a Propane Fridge, I would look into converting the Propane Fridge into a 12v Compressor Fridge. Conversion kits and/or converted Fridges are available from JC-Refrigeration.com. If my Fridge ever dies, this is what I want to change mine to.

For BoonDocking, you can't beat Lithium batteries and a good Solar system. Check out this Forum Thread about Installing Solar in Phases: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...356#post406356

I think the 310 GK would make an excellent coach for full timing in.

I also would forego having the Built-in Generator, because, I wouldn't want the extra weight in the coach. I would carry a portable generator (mine is a Champion Duel Fuel 3500 Watt, that I only run on Propane) for those times I need to run the Air Conditioning.

Also, changing out the carpet in the Dining Slide is a simple task if you get a floor installer to do it for you.

Good Luck on your search.
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    You lost me, not at all sure what you mean.
    I agree, I can't figure out how to use that last 12 gallons out of the hot water tank to get the 93 gallons of fresh water the Manufacturer says I have. The 12 gallons simply stays in the hot Water tank.

In other words, you only have 81 gallons of fresh water that you can use, not 93 like the Mfg. states.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I can't figure out how to use that last 12 gallons out of the hot water tank to get the 93 gallons of fresh water the Manufacturer says I have. The 12 gallons simply stays in the hot Water tank.

In other words, you only have 81 gallons of fresh water that you can use, not 93 like the Mfg. states.
    Well, unless you plan to run your water heater while dry, your point is lost on me. Hot water is still fresh water. If it makes you feel better, fill the water heater from your fresh tank and start with 12 gallons less.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast