User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying a used 310GK in the spring of 2022. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We have settled on a used 310GK when we become full time RV'ers June 1, 2022. We will be mostly boondocking. Is this RV a good choice for full timing and boondocking?
    Is there a particular year we should be looking at? Anybody have an opinion on years that were better than others?
    From what I see the ceiling was raised from 12'11" to 13'5" in 2017. Is this important?
    After 21/1/2018 the fresh water tank went from 52 Gallons to 93 Gallons. Is this important or can I easily solve this with a 100 Gallon bladder in the truck bed thereby reducing the weight in the RV?
    I like the carpet-less kitchen living room floor much more than carpet but they did not start this until the middle of 2020. If this is the only reason to not buy earlier than 2020, then I will choose to save the money and live with the carpet. My stomach tells me to get a residential fridge over an RV one. I don't know anything about this other than some complaints about RV fridges not cooling well. What do you think?
    I am not aware of any other changes to this model from year to year. Any details on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts and Opinions Please!

Thanks

John & Kristal Olson

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a very broad sense, I believe the Solitude line has mostly improved over the last few years. Of course, they've got VERY expensive too. For purchasing anything used, you pretty much have to set your budget and shop around and weigh the pros/cons of the units that are available at the time. I can't recall reading about preferred year.

By the way, if you're planning to mostly boondock with a residential fridge, I'd highly recommend doing your research on the power systems required. You can spend lots of $$$ for batteries, solar and/or generator.

Good luck.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, the dimensions (height) of the 310GK have not changed for any of the model years - the measurement methods may have, though. Our 2020 310GK was a December 2019 - January 2020 build and does not have carpet in the living room slide. I think mid to late 2019 is when they replaced the carpet with vinyl.

Sometime in 2019 is when they quit putting the Rota-Flex pin boxes on (not the best) and moved to the MORryde rubber pin boxes (much better). Sometime in 2019 they also started with MORryde suspension components, heavier spring hangers, and started offering the 8K axle/disc brake option (significantly increases the GVWR and CCC).

Perhaps @huntr70 will chime in - he has a wealth of knowledge on differences between the model years.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceilings are not 13'5". The top of the AC units can reach that height. Legal in most states is 13'6"
    The Nevercold fridges are not the best but, with some mods and trailer placement while camping (keep the vents in the shade) they can be acceptable. I have a couple of 'puter fans in the upper vent, an additional fan inside the fridge, & if it's really hot I put up a mesh tarp to shade the vents if that side is in the sun. Keep the door shut.
    If I did it over, I would have ordered a residential fridge as we don't dry camp much.
    The suspensions were upgraded to the Moryde stuff in newer coaches, don't know the year they did that, some owners (me included) have switched from the Lippert stuff. I would look for that.
    Good luck.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the weight sheet for the 2022 we are on track to purchase, fresh water is 81 gal., gray 106, waste 53, and hot water 12.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, if the post above is correct, those black and gray tank sizes are very good for boondocking, and that's important. You can always pick up fresh water with jugs or a bladder. Water management will be a way of life and get an Oxygenics showerhead.
    I would never want a residential fridge unless I had a huge solar system. The propane fridge works great for us.
    JK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKJavelin View Post
    John, if the post above is correct, those black and gray tank sizes are very good for boondocking, and that's important. You can always pick up fresh water with jugs or a bladder. Water management will be a way of life and get an Oxygenics showerhead.
    I would never want a residential fridge unless I had a huge solar system. The propane fridge works great for us.
    JK
    The tank sizes posted are true. The 310GK, however, doesn't have the best cargo carrying capacity unless you go with the 8K suspension upgrade. (We're over the GVWR on the sticker, but have the MORryde independent suspension installed.)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The tank sizes posted are true. The 310GK, however, doesn't have the best cargo carrying capacity unless you go with the 8K suspension upgrade.

Rob
    Which we ordered and the sticker is 18K GVWR. I just wish there were a tad more storage space behind the wheels.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCOlson View Post
    We have settled on a used 310GK when we become full time RV'ers June 1, 2022. We will be mostly boondocking. Is this RV a good choice for full timing and boondocking?
    Is there a particular year we should be looking at? Anybody have an opinion on years that were better than others?
    From what I see the ceiling was raised from 12'11" to 13'5" in 2017. Is this important?
    After 21/1/2018 the fresh water tank went from 52 Gallons to 93 Gallons. Is this important or can I easily solve this with a 100 Gallon bladder in the truck bed thereby reducing the weight in the RV?
    I like the carpet-less kitchen living room floor much more than carpet but they did not start this until the middle of 2020. If this is the only reason to not buy earlier than 2020, then I will choose to save the money and live with the carpet. My stomach tells me to get a residential fridge over an RV one. I don't know anything about this other than some complaints about RV fridges not cooling well. What do you think?
    I am not aware of any other changes to this model from year to year. Any details on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts and Opinions Please!

Thanks

John & Kristal Olson
    We have a 2019 310GK/R which we have been full timing in and have frequently boondocked. It has been a very good unit and have been happy with it. Although ours came with carpet in the dining/lounge chair slide we hired a professional flooring guy to replace it with vinyl flooring and so happy we did. Coincidentally, we are contemplating selling ours and if do will likely be in the spring of 2022.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! My wife and I dont full time but really like our 310 gkr with residential frig. We boondock most of the time for 4 to 7 days at a time. We immediately went with 3 battleborn 100ah batteries so that the low voltage alarm of the inverter would not go off in the middle of the night. We have the factory solar of 300 watts which works pretty good but still need to run the generator the 2nd day probably because of being in the forest most times. I would like to add another 300 or more if I have room on the roof. We love the frig but does end up being pretty costly. But love to run all the other stuff off of solar too. Love the rig, would full time in it in a second.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast