User Tag List

Thread: Underbelly Leak

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underbelly Leak

So at the last campground of the season a few weeks back, I emptied both black and gray tanks thoroughly for end of season. They all appeared to be empty with no flow. Stopped at Kroger near the house when we got home and noticed water dripping from the middle of the rear coroplast, about even with the sewer discharge. No water inside or in the basement. Assumed perhaps the MB gray tank valve was leaking. When I winterized a few weeks back, I opened both gray tanks and the MB tank had a significant amount of water that drained which was unexpected.

Rig is in for warranty service and they called me yesterday about this leak. They dropped the coroplast and filled up the tanks and of course no leak. I explained what had happened but they aren't seeing any issues and valves were tight. I asked them to make sure there were no issues with the tank valves as a double check.

Any ideas what might have happened that I could pass along quickly?
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    So at the last campground of the season a few weeks back, I emptied both black and gray tanks thoroughly for end of season. They all appeared to be empty with no flow. Stopped at Kroger near the house when we got home and noticed water dripping from the middle of the rear coroplast, about even with the sewer discharge. No water inside or in the basement. Assumed perhaps the MB gray tank valve was leaking. When I winterized a few weeks back, I opened both gray tanks and the MB tank had a significant amount of water that drained which was unexpected.

Rig is in for warranty service and they called me yesterday about this leak. They dropped the coroplast and filled up the tanks and of course no leak. I explained what had happened but they aren't seeing any issues and valves were tight. I asked them to make sure there were no issues with the tank valves as a double check.

Any ideas what might have happened that I could pass along quickly?
    We had been in a very hard rain while traveling and a week later I was still seeing water leaking from the coroplast. Possible the coroplast is holding water if you have been traveling in heavy rain lately. After about 7-10 days leak was gone.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    We had been in a very hard rain while traveling and a week later I was still seeing water leaking from the coroplast. Possible the coroplast is holding water if you have been traveling in heavy rain lately. After about 7-10 days leak was gone.

Dutchman2
    Service tech said the same thing. I never noticed this before, but at Kroger was parked on an incline on pavement so easy to see. Since had other warranty work, good to have them check. Still doesn't explain why there was so much gray water left unless the valve didn't fully open at the campsite when dumping. Or that tank perhaps doesn't fully empty when level. Had to be at least 5 gallons that came out when winterizing. Expected some from blowing out the lines, but not that much.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Solitude the grey dump pipe is almost flat. After each trip, I raise & lower the trailer with the grey valve open to empty any trapped waste into a tote. There does seem to be quite a bit of water that comes out.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC