User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I zoomed in on the jack using my image software. There are no marks or damage on the jack to indicate an impact from beiing towed while extended.... I actually did this on a previous TT, so I know what I am looking at.

That being said the magnification revealed other things. The frame rail is as the OP stated bending out quite a bit, And the water tank is in this location. That means that the supports for the tank are no longer attached (if they ever were) to the frame. Now there are several supports, and I cannot tell from the pic just where they are, and if all of the supports are compromised.....But that is not good. Someone really needs to drop that coroplast to inspect it. Preferably with the owner present to take pictures.
    I totally agree, I cannot believe the dealer has not done this yet. I also cannot believe that the GD dealer relations people have not requested that the dealer needs to drop the coroplast to see what the actual problem is.
    Peter Hoemsen
    Prince Albert SK Canada
    2022 337 RLS
    2021 GMC 2500 Duramax L5P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize that no one is suggesting negligence on my part. I am a Journeyman Electrician and Journeyman Instrument Mechanic. I have over forty years in Industrial settings, mills, mines, manufacturing, maintenance etc. I have a very good idea on how to properly treat equipment so that it lasts.

Case in point: 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport.

Attachment 38342
    Peter Hoemsen
    Prince Albert SK Canada
    2022 337 RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may check if here is a large truck frame shop near you, perhaps in Saskatoon. They have equipment to do trucks and trailers, and at least give you some advice. Sorry for your problem--good luck--
    2015 Ram Tradesman 3500 DRW puck-B&W
    2015 Reflection 29RS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised that the leveling jack does not have it's own cross member. I have a Forrest River 5er considering a GD for my next one. I have the leveling jacks with a crossmember and a Norco/BAL frame. Norco/BAL are the greatest! I had a rip in the frame around a cross member. They were going to ship parts and drawings to give to a local welder and offered to do it if I would bring it to Elkhart. I have relatives in Ohio, so I took it to him because I have relatives to visit in Ohio. They did the work free of charge. Great service! I am still considering a GD because my friend has an Imagine that looks well built.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenoDW View Post
    I am surprised that the leveling jack does not have it's own cross member. I have a Forrest River 5er considering a GD for my next one. I have the leveling jacks with a crossmember and a Norco/BAL frame. Norco/BAL are the greatest! I had a rip in the frame around a cross member. They were going to ship parts and drawings to give to a local welder and offered to do it if I would bring it to Elkhart. I have relatives in Ohio, so I took it to him because I have relatives to visit in Ohio. They did the work free of charge. Great service! I am still considering a GD because my friend has an Imagine that looks well built.
    If the jack point and frame were damaged It could have been done during the delivery to the dealer or at the dealer. most dealers use fork lifts or and old truck to move the 5th wheel trailers around. there are a lot of damage that occur on the dealer lots.
    , cramped space and getting in a hurry and lack of training on moving units around.
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M
    2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Reflection 337 RLS - frame twisting

Based on the pictures provided, this looks like an original and systemic issue from the manufacturer. The reason I say this is that the entire rail is shifted. It is not localized to the jack area. To me this is more than a localized frame failure. The use of the jack in this condition with the additional side loads introduced accelerated the failure. No negligence that I came see. This would have happened no matter what.

At a minimum the chloroplast needs to be dropped and close inspection of the welded cross members performed.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Based on the pictures provided, this looks like an original and systemic issue from the manufacturer. The reason I say this is that the entire rail is shifted. It is not localized to the jack area. To me this is more than a localized frame failure. The use of the jack in this condition with the additional side loads introduced accelerated the failure. No negligence that I came see. This would have happened no matter what.

At a minimum the chloroplast needs to be dropped and close inspection of the welded cross members performed.
    I just sent an e-mail to Don Clark. I used your comment as a quote. I think it sums up the problem in the most succinct manner possible. Thank you for that.
    Peter Hoemsen
    Prince Albert SK Canada
    2022 337 RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very glad to help. I hope you get a very swift resolution!
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great News!!!

GDRV has agreed to pay for the repair at a local frame shop.

It took awhile, but it looks like a satisfactory resolution is ahead!

Thanks for all your input, I will keep everyone updated.
    Peter Hoemsen
    Prince Albert SK Canada
    2022 337 RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it!!!

Wishing you good luck on how this proceeds.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast