User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news, this is awesome.
    I hope all goes well for you going forward.
    Keep in the loop.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky12 View Post
    Great News!!!

GDRV has agreed to pay for the repair at a local frame shop.

It took awhile, but it looks like a satisfactory resolution is ahead!

Thanks for all your input, I will keep everyone updated.
    Good to hear. Keep us posted.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are new owners of a 2022 337 RLS. Can you tell us if during all of your research you found out if this is an issue specific to your trailer or if it was a manufacturing issue that would affect a fleet of trailers. The first time we took our trailer out we had issues with it leveling had to have a mobile mechanic come out and zero it out. We have not had to move it cents and I cannot lie we are a little apprehensive when we do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PROBLEM SOLVED!

The trailer frame repair shop came up with this solution:

Attachment 40350
    Attachment 40351

They fabbed up a brace to span from one leveling jack bracket to the other. It was made from 2" square tubing with a support at each end gusseted on a 45 degree angle. The brace was bolted in place with 8, 1/2" grade 8 bolts per side. They aligned the axles and everything seems to be back to normal. I levelled the trailer in my driveway and no more twisting!
    Peter Hoemsen
    Prince Albert SK Canada
    2022 337 RLS
    2021 GMC 2500 Duramax L5P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, this is great news now you can get back to camping and enjoy it.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgiles72 View Post
    We are new owners of a 2022 337 RLS. Can you tell us if during all of your research you found out if this is an issue specific to your trailer or if it was a manufacturing issue that would affect a fleet of trailers. The first time we took our trailer out we had issues with it leveling had to have a mobile mechanic come out and zero it out. We have not had to move it cents and I cannot lie we are a little apprehensive when we do.

We have a 2021 337RLS and have used it many times now at several locations with multiple pad types from gravel, packed dirt and sloping asphalt. Some were way off level side to side to the point the wheels came off the ground on one side during auto level. This made me nervous and rethink the auto level function if the trailer was not level side to side to start with. From that point on we verify and how level we are before unhooking. Several times we added support under the wheels on one side. We pulled the trailer out of storage yesterday and remembering this post I verified rear jacks still look fine. The auto level is excellent - just verify how level you are prior to disconnecting. I will say the support that was fabricated to resolve the bent I-Beam looks good from the original post.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgiles72 View Post
    had an issue with my leveling system not working well and consistently.
    I found the issue. The rear sensor was not attached to it's mount. It was just loose in the underbelly. So everytime the coach moved, the sensor ended up in s different position. GD attaches these with sheet metal srews into the plastic body of the sensor. It is tooooo easy to strip the hole on the line with a screw gun. I am amused by all of the advice that the systems need to be re zeroed often..... Since I remounted mie using rivets, it has been flawless. Re zeroing if the sensor is loose will never fix it. Fix the real issue and never have to re zero again.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234