User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most RVs can use air only but some can't. We had a SOB 5er that the water line going to the kitchen sink was sloped downward then had 90 degree elbow and straight up to the kitchen sink. Water collected in the elbow and froze and cracked the elbow. Since that happen we use air then put in RV antifreeze.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, Im so wondering what in the world it could be? Love all of the suggestions.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy70 View Post
    I inspected and cleaned the screens on the kitchen faucet and shower head and everything worked fine. I found a lot a calcium on those screens. Wayne
    This is the answer!

I took a weekend trip and there was no water from those two places still. I did have time to remove the kitchen faucet and sure enough, the screen was packed with the white stuff.

I live in the Pacific NW and we purchased the rig in Tampa. I'm not certain what kind of water there is in that area but I suspect it's pretty hard. I also suspect that it was never winterized. This is only a 1 year old 5th wheel but I suspect there was enough of this stuff that built up on the inside of the lines. With all the air flow, I suspect this stuff just broke loose and ended up in the screen. Once I cleaned it out, the water worked fine.

Not certain what was the cause of the shower head but I operated the on/off button on the shower head and it started to work. I looked inside and I did not see a screen like the kitchen faucet. I suspect this calcium is the cause of this restriction too or at least caused the little valve to bind up.

The heads are very easy to remove [no tools] so in the future, I will just remove the heads to blow out the lines. The water in my area is really good and I do not suspect this will be an issue once I blow out the lines a few more times.

The other good news is that with the deep freeze we had here for a week did not cause any problems.

I appreciate everyone that took time to throw out suggestions and I hope that in the future, this helps someone else.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our water is NOT that hard! Sure it was calcium?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI for everyone on any public water supply. I worked for the water industry. There is always a possibility for various crud to be circulating in the water flowing through the mains. It could be bits of white, blue or gray plastic from installing a new water service line in your area. Could be brown Gelatin like stuff stirred up from an unusual high flow of water from a hydrant being used for a nearby fire, street flush or even filling a swimming pool. It could be flecks of mineral, sand, even pebbles. If you happen to be the unlucky one with your water running as this stuff goes by your waterline, in it goes and ends up in your faucets. Doesn’t mean wat

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    …doesn’t mean water isn’t safe.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use one of these faithfully---

https://www.gadgetgram.com/2020/06/2...rv2006-review/

AND I have a 10000 grain water softener (after the filter).

BUT, stuff still gets into the screens (inside of plumbing) so I use one of these for making coffee, making ice, and drinking:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Last edited by Franktafl; 01-18-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **EDITED**

Glad you figured it out. I posted before I read pages 2+ like an idiot.

I completely agree with your Natilus opinion that it works good, and it's fool proof with all the colors and diagrams, but as a user, I have no dang idea what the system looks like diagram wise in my head. A sticker with the layout of the valves and ports would be much helpful in understanding. Stick the diagram right on the back side of the door as a large sticker or something. I like the diagrams posted above! Those are very helpful.
    Last edited by 4x4dually; 01-18-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be clear, I have no idea what the white paste is made of. I can say that it was the cause of sealing up my faucet screen. I have not had this long enough to think it was anything on my end. Since the water was exiting out of the faucet in the beginning and then it just stopped, I suspect that is what it was. Could it be my small compressor? Sure, I would not discount anything. I also do not think I'm too concerned about how right now. If the problem keeps happening, I will be looking into this more. I'm just glad it was an easy fix and there was enough water out of the lines to prevent any damage from our cold spell.

I'm also not new to the winterizing game. I've never had issues with the last 5th wheel which I've owned for 12+ years.

With all the things to worry about in life, I try and make the right choices. I do not think everything I eat or drink is going to kill me. With all the lawsuits out there, I do believe most companies do their best to keep it right. Obviously, there are issues like Detroit, the there is a reason why I don't live there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234