User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Troubleshooting/removal/re-installation of Furrion FMCM15-SS Convection/Microwave

Hi:
    The convection portion of our Furrion convection/microwave quit today while preparing Christmas meal.

The convection element seems to work as the oven starts to heat up, but there is no convection fan running. The microwave portion and controls all work. I was not able to find any troubleshooting information beyond the basic user's manual.

Can anyone point me towards an installation manual and/or a troubleshooting guide? Specifically:
    Are there separate fuses for the convection fan?
    Are there serviceable parts or replace the whole unit?
    Any hints on removal/replacement as the venting for the kitchen fan appears self-contained behind the unit? (Is the removal/installation different than a "normal" household unit?)

This is on 2020 Solitude 310GK-R and the convection microwave is a Furrion FMCM15-SS

Thanks!

Steve Murray
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 GMC 3500 HD DRW with BW Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely no difference from a residential units beyond it is a low end design and build. There's no detail in the installation manual, and Furrion has no parts available. If in warranty, you'll get a whole replacement. If not, replace with a better residential.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve did you ever get an answer to your Furrion FMCM15-SS.
    I have a Furrion Microwave and Convection Oven Combo FMCM15-SS in a Grand Design 2020 Solitude 2020 Solitude 310GK-R. The Convection Oven will not reach the desired temperature. The Oven gets hot but never triggers the fan. The Microwave works.
    I checked the front fuse and it is not blown. I have also tested the door switches with a ohmn meter and they tested correct. I have contacted Furrion and they said buy a new one.

Can you help trouble shoot this problem.

Greg Wright
    [email protected]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregdanawright View Post
    Steve did you ever get an answer to your Furrion FMCM15-SS.
    I have a Furrion Microwave and Convection Oven Combo FMCM15-SS in a Grand Design 2020 Solitude 2020 Solitude 310GK-R. The Convection Oven will not reach the desired temperature. The Oven gets hot but never triggers the fan. The Microwave works.
    I checked the front fuse and it is not blown. I have also tested the door switches with a ohmn meter and they tested correct. I have contacted Furrion and they said buy a new one.

Can you help trouble shoot this problem.

Greg Wright
    [email protected]
    Greg: We got the same answer from Furrion. - Buy a new one.

Initially I unplugged the unit for a short time to "reset" anything without success. But after having left the microwave unplugged for over 24 hours while doing some of the same items you mentioned it began to work again. It worked for "light" duty, but tripped out again when DW made bread again. Since the fuses and door switch items appear good, the only "guess" we have is a thermal overload trips when the unit is used heavily (running at the max 425 for an hour). DW preferred to continue to use as a microwave and hold off on replacing until she decides what to choose as a replacement. So we haven't replaced it yet.
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 GMC 3500 HD DRW with BW Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Steve, I am reviewing what microwave convection oven that will work in the same space as the Furrion. Let me know what you decided on and I will do the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was there any consensus on a decent replacement for the Furrion convection MW?
    2017 Duramax 2500HD pulling a
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS