User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I just made reservations in that area at the KOA East Asheville. Mama Gertie's looked nice but couldn't make reservations until March 1, 2022 for August, 2022. I did not want to wait and have everything else fill up.

I don't remember if it was KOA east or KOA west, but it was so bad that we left and found another campground after staying there 1 day.
    One nice thing about KOA is that you can cancel a reservation and get your deposit back, so what I would do is keep my KOA reservation and try to get a spot at Mama Gertie's on March 1. If you get a reservation at MG's cancel the KOA, if not you still have the
    KOA.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post

I don't remember if it was KOA east or KOA west, but it was so bad that we left and found another campground after staying there 1 day.
    One nice thing about KOA is that you can cancel a reservation and get your deposit back, so what I would do is keep my KOA reservation and try to get a spot at Mama Gertie's on March 1. If you get a reservation at MG's cancel the KOA, if not you still have the
    KOA.
    Pretty sure KOA east was rated significantly higher than KOA west. That is my plan. Already have a calendar reminder on 3/1 for Gertie's.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a more celebratory stay I would have to second either mama Gerties or Campfire Lodging, If you're
    set on staying close to Asheville. We live locally but haven't stayed at either. KOA East is going to be full of kids. Its recently been purchased by KOA Corp, so no longer independently owned. If you prefer State or Federal Parks. Check out Lake Powhatan, in South Asheville right beside the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Or about an hour from town is Davidson River, also with access to the BRP. Enjoy your trip here to the mountains.
    '21 F350SD / Reflection 150 series 290BH Me, DH, DD a GSP and a Mutt

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We frequent the Ashville area; totally agree that Campfire Lodgings and Momma Gerties are top choices. The challenge with both is availability; they fill up fast. There are only 3-5 (not sure off the top of my head) of the premium scenic sites at MG's; so those have to be booked almost a year in advance.

KOA East is not that bad. It's a KOA, so don't expect a ton of space, but it works. KOA west can smell of a paper mill and there is a lot of traffic noise.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    We are looking on traveling to the Goldsboro/ Kinston area sometime in April or May we will need to find a good campground also.
    Never stayed there, but as retired military, I know Goldsboro AFB has a campground. Again, can't speak to it, but I am betting the price would be right.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Never stayed there, but as retired military, I know Goldsboro AFB has a campground. Again, can't speak to it, but I am betting the price would be right.

We are going to stay in New Bern, NC at the KOA Holiday for about 10 days and after that I might have to go and finish up my stay there.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are staying at KOA East in July for 3 days. Have a couple kids in tow and MG didn't seem terribly kid friendly. If it was just me and the wife, would be a diff story, those views look amazing.
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    We frequent the Ashville area; totally agree that Campfire Lodgings and Momma Gerties are top choices. The challenge with both is availability; they fill up fast. There are only 3-5 (not sure off the top of my head) of the premium scenic sites at MG's; so those have to be booked almost a year in advance.

KOA East is not that bad. It's a KOA, so don't expect a ton of space, but it works. KOA west can smell of a paper mill and there is a lot of traffic noise.

Do you know of any nice campground in Raleigh, NC I have family that live there I can stay there?
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12