Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sliding shelf for Blackstone griddle

https://youtu.be/dFLJnn2cKAc

I have a 2021 Reflection 31MB 5th wheel with a kitchen compartment that has a small frig and an area to store a stove. I like using the Blackstone so we came up with a sliding shelf that now makes storage and use a breeze. This might be the best mod we've made so far on this trailer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where my BBQ rides as well. Great mod! Will be able to eliminate folding table in storage area. Thanks for the idea! Source for shelf?
    Last edited by coastn; 12-26-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks real good. Would love to know more details of your mod.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job!!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, great idea. We need to know if this is a commercially made shelf system, or did you build yourself???
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was custom made. My son in law is a cabinet maker. He ordered the HD slider rails (300 lb cap) and made the shelves. The hardest part was installing the rails into the compartment, the rails are longer than the depth of the compartment so that the Blackstone would slide out beyond the compartment door so the stove top lid would open. He had to cut openings in the rear wall of the compartment to install the rails. He made small boxes to keep the rails from interfering with any of the wiring and hoses behind the wall. My 15 year old grandson (in the video) did most of the installation and planning. He has learned a lot from his dad and already is a skilled craftsman. I'm a lucky grandpa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @1carguy

Can you get the info or a link for the slides and share it with us? I would like to make something similar to slide my Honda generator in and out of my front storage compartment. Thanks!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @1carguy

Can you get the info or a link for the slides and share it with us? I would like to make something similar to slide my Honda generator in and out of my front storage compartment. Thanks!
    Should be able to find the slides at Rockler or Amazon or Hardware Hut. Full extension of the weight rating mentioned aren't to hard to find. Length, as mentioned, could be an issue but there are triple railed versions to accommodate shallow depth that might work.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    It was custom made. My son in law is a cabinet maker. He ordered the HD slider rails (300 lb cap) and made the shelves. The hardest part was installing the rails into the compartment, the rails are longer than the depth of the compartment so that the Blackstone would slide out beyond the compartment door so the stove top lid would open. He had to cut openings in the rear wall of the compartment to install the rails. He made small boxes to keep the rails from interfering with any of the wiring and hoses behind the wall. My 15 year old grandson (in the video) did most of the installation and planning. He has learned a lot from his dad and already is a skilled craftsman. I'm a lucky grandpa.
    You are indeed a lucky Grandpa. Your grandsons dad must have had a good Dad.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    This is really a great mod and i think several others would like to reproduce it.

As was said by someone else we can go to some stores and try to guess, but it would be great if you can find out what model slides were used. Also some "internal" pictures would help as well.

Thanks
    Last edited by SmallBoxMaker; 12-27-2021 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Corrected quotation
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast