Likes Likes:  0

Thread: West Lake Tires

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

West Lake Tires

I have a GD Image that came with West Lake Super ST 225/75 R15 tires. Im not sure of your 2016 camper weight but my in GVCW is 9,000 lbs. If you changed out your tires, what brand did you go with? We down sized campers to the 2600RB from a 40 foot Montana with Sailum tires. Other words Im more familiar with large campers and large tires. I've never heard of West Lake tires so I'm considering changing tires also.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

West Lake Tires

My 2021 2600RB came with ST225/75 R15 West Lake tires. I'm looking for opinions on quality and durability of a West Lake brand and would you buy another West Lake tire again. We were full timers for eight years and recently down sized campers from a 40 foot full timing 5th wheel so I'm more familiar with bigger camper tires and bigger tires. Thanks for your thoughts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be prepared, you have opened a can of worms!!! lol This topic has been discussed many many times. Try using the search feature and see when others have said on other threads. Happy Camping!!!!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the search function (top right) and you'll find dozens (if not hundreds!) of posts on this topic. Bottom line: the load range E Westlake tires have a reputation for coming apart; the load range G Westlakes (16" - not what you have) are a good tire with a decent reputation. Many folks in your situation have switched the LRE Westlakes out for something else... the problem being that, right now, there aren't many good alternatives available.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campingfeen View Post
    I have a GD Image that came with West Lake Super ST 225/75 R15 tires. Im not sure of your 2016 camper weight but my in GVCW is 9,000 lbs. If you changed out your tires, what brand did you go with? We down sized campers to the 2600RB from a 40 foot Montana with Sailum tires. Other words Im more familiar with large campers and large tires. I've never heard of West Lake tires so I'm considering changing tires also.
    Double-posted. Moved to thread started by OP.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015