User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered a 310 GK beginning of Nov 2021, using the 4-5 month build cycle we should see it Feb-Mar 2022.

How would these price increases affect this unit & how many price increases have there been since Nov. 2021?

This is the first new fifth wheel we have purchased, never mind the most expensive sight unseen buying decision made

The dealer did receive a similar pre sold unit in December that we had an opportunity to view. It was nice to see it in real life.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    At 10 years old, you should get a quote on the 2012 and buy a new rig. You'd be shocked how much they'll give you.
    I may do that. Book retail values for my truck is in the mid to high $40s range now with all the options, low miles, and top shelf condition. I have a number of friends/others who have expressed a sincere interest in buying it. We keep our stuff so nice, we always sell ourselves rather than trade always coming out ahead several thousands of dollars.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are so happy we bought our trailer when we did.... February 2020, before Covid. At that time we not only got a substantial discount, but also a long term warranty, upgraded propane tanks, a generator and a generator rack for less than 70% of msrp. Since then I've sold a 2019 Nissan Frontier P/U for more than I bought it for, and have been offered more than I paid for the GD trailer. While the used market for pickups has gone crazy, we got our 21 Ram for 10% less than invoice thru Costco's buyer service... While we had to wait 3 months, the price was fine. The market is just plain crazy.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    We ordered a 310 GK beginning of Nov 2021, using the 4-5 month build cycle we should see it Feb-Mar 2022.

How would these price increases affect this unit & how many price increases have there been since Nov. 2021?

This is the first new fifth wheel we have purchased, never mind the most expensive sight unseen buying decision made

The dealer did receive a similar pre sold unit in December that we had an opportunity to view. It was nice to see it in real life.
    There have been at least 2 increases since then.

Grand Design is not price holding any units, so your unit is subject to the increases.

Do you have a signed sales agreement from your selling dealer? If you do, you are not responsible for any cost increases. You buy at the number agreed upon. A signed agreement is a legal, binding, contract.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the call today. That is the second increase since signing the agreement. I'll eat this one, but after this, I WILL NOT PAY ANOTHER INCREASE!!!!

BTW: The excuses that we are being fed are all BS. Check Winnebago's website, record sales and record PROFITS.

https://winnebago.gcs-web.com/news-r...er-fiscal-2022

-B
    Last edited by BrokeDown; 01-10-2022 at 05:18 PM.
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Do you have a signed sales agreement from your selling dealer? If you do, you are not responsible for any cost increases. You buy at the number agreed upon. A signed agreement is a legal, binding, contract.
    You don't sign the actual "agreement" until the RV is on the dealer's lot and you are ready to take ownership. The document I signed to order the RV stated that increases will be passed on....

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    You don't sign the actual "agreement" until the RV is on the dealer's lot and you are ready to take ownership. The document I signed to order the RV stated that increases will be passed on....

-B
    My order was placed the same way, ours did cap the increases to 5%. I found the reasons they gave for conducting business this way very poor @ best. The deposit I placed is 10%, I've no issue with that & is a reasonable commitment on my part.

I'm able to walk away with a full refund of my deposit. My concern is if the market should go over a cliff, I wanted the confidence to get my deposit back. The dealer may even encourage me to do that based on the two increases so far.

I really don't believe the shenanigans the manufacture's are playing is sustainable. Then the economy itself & the run away inflation, how long can this go on.

Your link posting records profits verifies the BS. So far it's working for them & they are getting away with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-B
    Do you realize that the person you responded to is a long term employee at one of the best RV dealerships (IMHO) in the country?
    Long Island, New York

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-B
    I see...

We do it differently. You sign a legal document at point of sale, we can't increase price after all parties have signed. It becomes a binding contract.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I see...

We do it differently. You sign a legal document at point of sale, we can't increase price after all parties have signed. It becomes a binding contract.
    I totally get that for an in-stock RV. I am not sure how you sign a sales agreement document without a VIN (as it the case for an ordered RV).

I can only go by the experience I had last summer when I worked with several dealers. They all had a document, but none used a sales agreement.

I wonder what would happen if someone challenged a "non-refundable deposit" in court? Have you guys ever fought that battle?

-B

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast