User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    I'm guessing that is where the record profits are coming from. I wish I could go to work and tell them that my costs are up and I am charging them more for my time.

-B
    That's exactly where they are coming from.

I think companies like GD are testing the waters to see how high they can go. As long as people pay the price, they'll raise it. Auto manufacturers have already said they have no intention of letting inventories get to what they were pre-pandemic because they're making record profits.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    I'm guessing that is where the record profits are coming from. I wish I could go to work and tell them that my costs are up and I am charging them more for my time.

-B
    I tried that once. Lost a lucrative contract over a $2.00/hr COLA increase.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    We honor the pricing at time of the initial agreement. Again, we can not charge more than agreed upon initially.
    That's a very fair way to do business, and justifies a buyer's deposit on a special order.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I see...

We do it differently. You sign a legal document at point of sale, we can't increase price after all parties have signed. It becomes a binding contract.
    And you are the kind of dealer I want to do business with !

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having just priced out and purchased a 2022 Imagine, I found the dealers I was talking to all followed the same methodology regarding pricing. If you could find a 2022 that they got before the price increase, they'd sell it for cheaper than one they got after the price increase. Same exact model just built a week apart.

There are still pre-price-increase 2022s out there that have the 2022 upgrades. You might have to hunt a bit, but you can save a few grand that way.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    But Steve, doesn't the dealer have discretion on when/if they are passing that price increase onto the customer? If I recall, there was a price increase early September and another maybe in November? I have a signed Bill of Sale which I believe fixed the price at the time of order (31 August). Date of production was December 1. Number hasn't changed in discussion with the finance folks. If it does, well....
    Yes, at the dealer level. The selling dealer will absorb all price increases.

That's why when we are ordering a retail sold unit, you have to build in price increases.

Grand Design is not holding any costs just because it is a retail order. I have to pay whatever the cost is when it comes offline, not when I ordered it.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    Having just priced out and purchased a 2022 Imagine, I found the dealers I was talking to all followed the same methodology regarding pricing. If you could find a 2022 that they got before the price increase, they'd sell it for cheaper than one they got after the price increase. Same exact model just built a week apart.

There are still pre-price-increase 2022s out there that have the 2022 upgrades. You might have to hunt a bit, but you can save a few grand that way.
    Considering that there has been 3 price increases since the "new" 2022 builds, I'm sure there are.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at the GD dealer today and I ask them did they have any Solitude 310GK and she told me no, so I ask her what the prices are of one and she told me $132.000 dollars I remember when they were when I was looking on getting one was $89,000 dollars which that wasn't long ago really.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I was at the GD dealer today and I ask them did they have any Solitude 310GK and she told me no, so I ask her what the prices are of one and she told me $132.000 dollars I remember when they were when I was looking on getting one was $89,000 dollars which that wasn't long ago really.
    True story......

I won't have a stock 310 for about 6 months.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats a good rule of thumb to estimate what a dealer will discount from the MSRP?

For example the 2022 22RBE MSRP is now ~$42K. Should we expect 10% dealer discount?
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast