User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Whats a good rule of thumb to estimate what a dealer will discount from the MSRP?

For example the 2022 22RBE MSRP is now ~$42K. Should we expect 10% dealer discount?
    Should be able to do better than that. If you are a Costco member, check out their program. I ran a pricing exercise on my purchase earlier this month via the Costco program and the price was close to 25% off MSRP. I didn't go with that deal because I ended up finding a 2022 that started at a lower MSRP than the one I priced via Costco, but in both instances, the discount was upwards of 20%. Helps that it's January too. This was on a new 2600RB.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    Should be able to do better than that. If you are a Costco member, check out their program. I ran a pricing exercise on my purchase earlier this month via the Costco program and the price was close to 25% off MSRP. I didn't go with that deal because I ended up finding a 2022 that started at a lower MSRP than the one I priced via Costco, but in both instances, the discount was upwards of 20%. Helps that it's January too. This was on a new 2600RB.
    Do you have any idea which dealer the Costco program is through?

Just curious, as I know that GD does not do Costco discounts through them directly.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats a good rule of thumb to estimate what a dealer will discount from the MSRP?

For example the 2022 22RBE MSRP is now ~$42K. Should we expect 10% dealer discount?
    In my experience, dealers fall into one of two schools of thought. One is to start high and guarantee the price. The other is to start low and pass on any increases. I went with the start low path. Give Adam West at Cookeville RV and Marine a call. He is a great guy to work with. Adam's number is 931-881-5701.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    In my experience, dealers fall into one of two schools of thought. One is to start high and guarantee the price. The other is to start low and pass on any increases. I went with the start low path. Give Adam West at Cookeville RV and Marine a call. He is a great guy to work with. Adam's number is 931-881-5701.

-B
    I'm familiar with Cookeville RV and Marine but not Adam West. I will never step foot in that dealership again. The service department ripped me off big time.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The service department ripped me off big time.
    Sorry to hear that. I do not live in that area so the service department did not play into my decision. How I was treated by the sales rep and the price were the only things that I cared about.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Do you have any idea which dealer the Costco program is through?

Just curious, as I know that GD does not do Costco discounts through them directly.
    You can call dealers and ask if they participate, that or use costco.com and enter your zip or the zip of various GD dealers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I do not live in that area so the service department did not play into my decision. How I was treated by the sales rep and the price were the only things that I cared about.

-B
    Good to hear you got a good deal! I planned on buying from Cookeville RV but they did not have the trailer I wanted in stock and they didn't know when they would. So I traveled 200 miles to get mine.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holey smokes .. this is from a build sheet. One year change for basically the same model. Note that the refrigerator itself is an additional cost in both models.

2021 349M Base Price = $69,861
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	349M.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	38593

2022 349M-R Base Price = $92,882
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	349MR.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	38594
    signature

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado2016 View Post
    In December we traded our fifth wheel in on a new 260RD and the dealer gave us more for our unit than what we paid for originally. The quality of work in a Grand Design is way better than a Forest River unit. Your pricing is going to depend on your dealer. Trust me , we went to three different dealers for the same unit.
    I disagree on GD being any different than Forest River. I have owned three FR units and two GD. They all use the same components and they all have the same (throw it together type) workers. Even my 29rs which was built before GD got so big had lots of examples of shoddy workmanship- for example I pulled the fireplace and found a gallon of sawdust.

With the outrageous increase in prices and all of the new campers coming onto the scene we will keep our 29rs. We have to make reservations a year in advance at the state parks and then they are so packed you can't fish or do anything else without people all over you..
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm familiar with Cookeville RV and Marine but not Adam West. I will never step foot in that dealership again. The service department ripped me off big time.
    We ordered our RV from Adam West at Cookeville RV. We got a good price but didn't get the theater seating that was on the order sheet. The experience with the service department was singularly bad. We had 4 easy to fix PDI issues that were never fixed. Over 2 days I asked the service manager at least 4 times if they would get the work done & he assured me they would. Never happened.

Once they have your money the service ends.

When we pulled out of the dealership we vowed to never return.

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast