User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof Mounted Satellite receiver 2930RL

Asking for advice from the group. Has anyone mounted a Satellite receiver on the roof of their Solitude? I know they have "pre wired" access, but want real life experience from this group to see if this is something complex or need a dealer to perform.

Thanks in advance.
    JB
    2019 Ford F350 Long Bed
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL
    2018 Jayco 24 MBH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Solitude 345GK and recently installed a Satellite Dish up there. There in the lower storage compartment there is a label on the "ceiling" framework that says something to the effect "Satellite Connection...". If you look closely there, you'll find a small hole drilled in the plywood and a string there, stapled to keep it intact. This hole enters the bedroom between the wall panels (wall between bedroom and bath). I assumed the string I found below would route directly to a covered cap on the roof. I went on the roof, and found the covered hole and cap, but after removing the cover, I saw a hole there, but no string. After measuring, I realized the hole was about 16-18 inches starboard of where it should be to line up with the hole in the lower storage. I ended up removing the wall panel in the bedroom and saw the string in question, and both holes, but the string was 16-18 inches away from the roof hole, and attached to a place directly under the bedroom Air Conditioner! With the wall panel removed I was able to run the coax to the roof and make a coax connection in the little compartment up there. The lower part of the coax was easily routed to the Nautilus area and connected to the satellite connection there (I had to drill a hole into that compartment).