User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morryde SRE 4000 for XLS 22 MLE

I am waiting on delivery of a 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE in hopefully Jan Feb timeframe (HAHA). I want to upgrade the suspension and possibly the axles but am curious if any has used the SRE 4000 on an 22MLE. I know the CRE 3000 fits with a hanger mod but I really want to use the SRE 4000. Anyone have experience with this mod on a 22MLE or something similar? I am also going to change the brakes out and upgrade them also and that may be coupled with an axle upgrade. Primary question still revolves around the SRE 4000
    Last edited by Skipatroll; 12-29-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had morryde install the cre3000 and heavy duty shackles on my 2020 21bhe last spring. They recommended the 3000 over the 4000 but don't remember why. They were able to install the 3000 without any modification to the hanger brackets.

Also switched out the dexter 3000 lb axles for dexter 3500 lb axles with eoh disc brakes late this summer because one of the original axles bent. EOH disc brakes were a huge improvement.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    They were able to install the 3000 without any modification to the hanger brackets.

Also switched out the dexter 3000 lb axles for dexter 3500 lb axles with eoh disc brakes late this summer because one of the original axles bent. EOH disc brakes were a huge improvement.
    That’s good to know it can be installed without hanger mods. Did Morryde do the actual work?

Although I’m satisfied with the Dexter suspension upgrade, originally I wanted the cre3000. After reading their Qualification Guide (Step 2 in particular) I called and was told the hanger needed to be modified.
    https://www.morryde.com/wp-content/u...-Qualifier.pdf

Interesting you went with Disc brakes. I haven’t heard or seen mentioned this for light trailers like ours. What convinced you to go that route?

We do have a couple in our camp group who converted from drum to disc on their 5th wheel and said they would never go back.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Morryde in Elkhart did the install.

I've had trouble with the electric drum brakes from day 1. First problem that lasted for a number of months was the brakes on the rear axles weren't working at all. It turned out the factory never connected the rear drum brake wiring.

I've also had the brakes stop working while driving in a light mist for a couple hours.

They also tend to jerk a bit as I ease off the brakes.

I'm towing with a Colorado rather than a full size truck so the trailer weighs more than the truck. As long as the brakes worked the rig stopped ok, but bottom line is that I just didn't trust the trailer brakes.

With the new EOH disc brakes it feels like I can stop in a shorter distance with the trailer connected than I can with the truck not towing anything. Just perception so no idea if it's true.

This link shows an earlier thread in which I discussed using the 3000 along with a photo of it installed.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...spension/page2
    Last edited by tfgd21bhe; 12-30-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    Yes Morryde in Elkhart did the install.

I've had trouble with the electric drum brakes from day 1. First problem that lasted for a number of months was the brakes on the rear axles weren't working at all. It turned out the factory never connected the rear drum brake wiring.

I've also had the brakes stop working while driving in a light mist for a couple hours.

They also tend to jerk a bit as I ease off the brakes.

I'm towing with a Colorado rather than a full size truck so the trailer weighs more than the truck. As long as the brakes worked the rig stopped ok, but bottom line is that I just didn't trust the trailer brakes.

With the new EOH disc brakes it feels like I can stop in a shorter distance with the trailer connected than I can with the truck not towing anything. Just perception so no idea if it's true.

This link shows an earlier thread in which I discussed using the 3000 along with a photo of it installed.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...spension/page2
    I recall now the thread you linked. I like the idea of disc brakes and would be a nice option if offered by the factory.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did the 3000 upgrade on my MLE with wet bolts in my driveway yesterday. It is an easy swap. Two 6 ton bottle jacks, couple 3 ton stands and the tools for the bolts. The process I found a bit off. I connected to spring hangers first then moved to the shackles. Good luck.