Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Solitude 377 Roof Access??

If this has been answered I cannot find it so apologize in advance. I am preparing to install 1200 watts of solar on my roof. Since my coach is a 2018 I was under the assumption that I would be able to use the satellite access channel from the factory. I have run into two problems.

1. There is a channel marked in the storage compartment with a sticker and a hole but there is no termination on the roof. Appears that my roof access was never put in. How do I determine where to drill to meet up with factory channel.

2. I need to run four 4 gauge wires from the roof to the basement. This will be for my current charge controller plus the ability to expand to a second one in the future if I expand. The size of the wire chase hole in the basement is no where near large enough for four wires.

Any help or suggestions on getting from roof to basement would be appreciated. Due to believing this channel existed running from roof was my least concern until today.
    Tom, Jodi and the Girls
    2014 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW (Our Little Truck)
    2000 Kenworth T2000
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you call GD with your VIN, they might be able to provide you with some drawings that show the location.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If you call GD with your VIN, they might be able to provide you with some drawings that show the location.

Thank you. I have sent GD my vin and info with the request.
    Tom, Jodi and the Girls
    2014 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW (Our Little Truck)
    2000 Kenworth T2000
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyates007 View Post
    Thank you. I have sent GD my vin and info with the request.
    FYI, you might have better luck getting someone on the phone if you dont receive any type of email response. Calling around the time they open has given me the best results.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Solitude 377 with a solar system (800 Watt). I will try to get some pictures for you on how my panels are wired and location of where they drop. NC is expecting an ice storm tomorrow and Saturday were I live so it likely be a few days before I can get on the roof. Luck me, I have the pleasure of working both days as a Paramedic.
    USMC (Retired); Full Time (07/2012)
    2018 Solitude 377 MBS-R
    Morryde ID Susp, 8K Axles, Disk Brakes, Solar System
    2011 Chevy 3500 DRW, B&W Companion Hitch, Titan 60 Gallon Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledog View Post
    I have a 2018 Solitude 377 with a solar system (800 Watt). I will try to get some pictures for you on how my panels are wired and location of where they drop. NC is expecting an ice storm tomorrow and Saturday were I live so it likely be a few days before I can get on the roof. Luck me, I have the pleasure of working both days as a Paramedic.
    Thank you for your service as well as the offer for pictures. Stay safe out there

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would update this for anyone else that is looking. My coach did not come with the access for satellite feed from roof. I was able to determine by taking the walls out in the under storage that I could come through the roof in line with the tank vents. This allowed me a straight drop to the storage area and then I was able to run the wires along the aluminum framing to front compartment where my batteries were stored. I will post some pictures as well.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)