User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I was pricing a 2500 in that color. Really liked it. They are a lot more Maintenace in the darker colors, but when clean and waxed - wow!. When pricing I noticed what Dan (@Canyonlight) said about heated/ventilated seats and heated steering wheel and so on. In reading the spec sheet it does appear that all it will take if ordered is to plug in the chips when available. Now that might be 2 years down the road...
    Bob, thanks for the feedback. I hope you are right about the just plug in the chip and GTG. 2 years may not be too far from the truth unless these vehicles can get a priority. Interesting times we are in, we just need to deal with what is tossed in our paths.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what information I have read the Sierra's only deletion is the heated rear seat. We ordered a new Denali just this week. Looking at the order the heated steering wheel front seats and ventilated seats are part of the order.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Your correct on the heated steering wheel and heated and vented front seats being standard and rear heated seat is a $200 credit. As of 12/202021 the Sierra Denali and Chev High Country HD models won’t have front and rear park assist a $50 credit. I’ve seen 2022 models that were just built without the front and rear park assist. Sometimes I don’t always explain things correctly that’s one reason I don’t reply to many issues. I have a 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD so Iam pretty up to date on these models. Sorry if I confused anyone. Jim (checkmate)
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to compare the money for selling on the open market vs. dealer offer.
    What appears to be "low ball" is not always the case.
    By selling on the open market you may receive more but you loose the tax reduction you get by trading in.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouiser View Post
    Be sure to compare the money for selling on the open market vs. dealer offer.
    What appears to be "low ball" is not always the case.
    By selling on the open market you may receive more but you loose the tax reduction you get by trading in.
    The dealer trade offer, just informal at this point for a swag, was $65k.
    Even the salesman said that sucks!

Tax break? (I assume that only applied to commercial use)
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    The dealer trade offer, just informal at this point for a swag, was $65k.
    Even the salesman said that sucks!

Tax break? (I assume that only applied to commercial use)
    I think he’s referring to sales tax. If you trade, you only pay sales tax on the difference (in IL anyway).
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    From what information I have read the Sierra's only deletion is the heated rear seat. We ordered a new Denali just this week. Looking at the order the heated steering wheel front seats and ventilated seats are part of the order.
    Gary - I built a 3500 Denali and High Country last week (Along with an LTZ and LTZ) and the Denali had this come up. When one builds with the 4 options being discussed, depending on the model and options selected, differing dates will appear with similar narrative for each option if affected.

Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist
    ($50)

Certain vehicles built on or after 12-20-2021 will not be equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist
    Feature will not function on certain models without dealer retrofit, expected Q4, 2022
    Contact a dealer for details or check the window label for the features on a specific vehicle

Gary, if your new Denali is being built after the 12/20 date and the F?R park Assists are operable, that's good. If not, no big deal, will be retrofitted later at no cost. I talked to our retired Engineer friend from GM and he is going to talk with some of his contacts and learn more about the "plug and play" scenario for this and the heated steering wheel and heated front and rear seats on some models. Rear heated seats have been a no go since July and will not be retrofitted.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the supplier issues and I don't really "need" the DRW for the time being, so I went ahead and cancelled my order last week.
    The missing features, as minor as they seem, would have been a deal killer for me. I find the park assist quite handy and helpful when maneuvering these beasts! No reason to unload my SRW until I can replace with something better, and not missing things I want. There was a SLE (I think it was) Sierra DRW that was actually on the lot only a few miles from home a few weeks ago, (someone cancelled the order once it was already in-transit), but it was that bright fire-engine red - not my speed!

Also, the GMC dealers are NOT accepting the discount, but the Chevy dealer was going to, and that's worth almost $5k, so also a deal-killer.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    With all the supplier issues and I don't really "need" the DRW for the time being, so I went ahead and cancelled my order last week.
    The missing features, as minor as they seem, would have been a deal killer for me. I find the park assist quite handy and helpful when maneuvering these beasts! No reason to unload my SRW until I can replace with something better, and not missing things I want. There was a SLE (I think it was) Sierra DRW that was actually on the lot only a few miles from home a few weeks ago, (someone cancelled the order once it was already in-transit), but it was that bright fire-engine red - not my speed!

Also, the GMC dealers are NOT accepting the discount, but the Chevy dealer was going to, and that's worth almost $5k, so also a deal-killer.

We just ordered a GMC Denali and the dealer accepted the employee discount, saved us 8K dollars. Tried the Ford dealer first for a F450 but they wouldn't take the employee discount. Straight MSRP. Besides Ford is still using the CP4 fuel pump and GM isn't.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We just ordered a GMC Denali and the dealer accepted the employee discount, saved us 8K dollars. Tried the Ford dealer first for a F450 but they wouldn't take the employee discount. Straight MSRP. Besides Ford is still using the CP4 fuel pump and GM isn't.
    Good to know, must be a choice of individual dealers, if they accept the employer's discount or not. I based my comment on only 2 GM dealers rejecting the discount.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12