User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered new '22 Chevy dually, questions on discounts

With the crazy resale prices, I went ahead and ordered a '22 Chevy dually. Estimated delivery didn't sound bad at 6-12 weeks. We're not planning on doing much before March, anyway. They still wanted to low-ball on a trade, so I'll sell the SRW in a few months on the open market.

I purchased my '21 LTZ for $70k out the door, tax, title, +nerf bars, and +paint sealant. Should be able to sell it for around $75,000, allegedly. Just a hair over 6k miles today.

Chevy has factory price discounts for certain companies - my wife happens to work for one of these companies, but she has a job offer to go elsewhere so we might lose our discount - which hurts, it's $4500 off, so that covers the taxes.

I know Ford has factory discounts for several different groups and organizations. Are there any other Chevy programs, if we can't secure the employer's discount?

New truck on order, late Feb-March'ish delivery:
    2022 Sliverado 3500 hd DRW High Country, in Northsky Blue Metallic with the two-tone interior, added higher capacity alternator and, of course, 5th wheel prep, and skid plates.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dually.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	38314

Side note, I've almost always had lighter color vehicles, usually silver or white (current SRW is silver). I have a few weeks to change my mind - what does everyone think about blue over silver? Yea, yea, I know personal preference and the silver will look a little better when dirty... But that blue sure is pretty and I don't mind washing it now and then.
    Last edited by JM0397; 12-30-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    With the crazy resale prices, I went ahead and ordered a '22 Chevy dually. Estimated delivery didn't sound bad at 6-12 weeks. We're not planning on doing much before March, anyway. They still wanted to low-ball on a trade, so I'll sell the SRW in a few months on the open market.

I purchased my '21 LTZ for $70k out the door, tax, title, +nerf bars, and +paint sealant. Should be able to sell it for around $75,000, allegedly. Just a hair over 6k miles today.

Chevy has factory price discounts for certain companies - my wife happens to work for one of these companies, but she has a job offer to go elsewhere so we might lose our discount - which hurts, it's $4500 off, so that covers the taxes.

I know Ford has factory discounts for several different groups and organizations. Are there any other Chevy programs, if we can't secure the employer's discount?

2022 Sliverado 3500 hd DRW High Country, in Northsky Blue Metallic with the two-tone interior, added higher capacity alternator and, of course, 5th wheel prep, and skid plates.

Side note, I've almost always had lighter color vehicles, usually silver or white (current SRW is silver). I have a few weeks to change my mind - what does everyone think about blue over silver? Yea, yea, I know personal preference and the silver will look a little better when dirty... But that blue sure is pretty and I don't mind washing it now and then.
    GM's best discounts are to their suppliers. I haven't bought GM in almost 10 years, but I do know they still have a publication out there that lists them. I do not know if the same today, but when I bought GM (used to be the only truck I'd own) you couldn't stack except for very few. No doubt more recent purchasers will give better guidance!

I really wanted to comment on the color, which is beautiful!!! If it were my daily driver, absolutely! My daily is dark granite metallic. However, tow vehicles, IMO, need to be basic colors that offer good hiding. Mine is bright white. Reason being easy to touch up the rock chips from the rougher roads and unless you are a resort only camper we all find our tow vehicles scrubbing brush at some point. Plus, let's face it, they get filthy camping!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CONGRATS JM on your New Order !!
    That price you paid for the LTZ seem like a Good Deal. I have a similiar Model only in Ford (Lariat Ultimate etc etc) and with Xplan and before trade of my 2019 F150 and then taxes etc we are at 73k. (Hopefully their might be a rebate or two but I doubt it ) They did tell me 2 months ago if I was trading at that time I would be getting 2k more than I paid for my truck. Ordered on 08/25/21 and they said most likely March time frame. No plans until May with the Rv so timing should be ok.
    Happy New Year !!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d seriously question that dealer on the 6-12 weeks. I had a new High Country just like yours (except mine was cherry red tint coat) on “order” with my local dealer since August. Between their lack of allocation, and GM not being able to piece the packages together, I finally pulled the plug a couple of weeks ago. I have never owned a Ford, but now have an F450 Platinum DRW on order. I had seen several folks on here mention that GM had fallen behind on their interior, but I had no idea what they were talking about. We were lucky enough to find a 2020 F450 to test drive. Now we know. The seats, for one, are more comfortable and have massaging.

We almost chose the north sky blue….a beautiful color.
    Good luck with your purchase.

I ordered from Granger Ford in Iowa. They have a 2% under invoice program.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck on the delivery! My GMC was ordered September, built in November and has been waiting to get on a train ever since. Shipping is taking forever! Doesnt look any better in near future. : (
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude
    2022 GMC Denali - Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the crazy resale prices, I went ahead and ordered a '22 Chevy dually. Estimated delivery didn't sound bad at 6-12 weeks. We're not planning on doing much before Marh, anyway.

Hey Colin and Tracy - congrats on ordering your new truck ! I built a 22 loaded LTZ Chevy and a SLT Sierra GMC 3500 SRW and submitted the builds to a dealer I have used for service work for more than a decade for feedback. Trying to nail down the credits given for no heated rear seat, no front ventilated (may heated too) seats, no heated steering wheel, and no front and rear park assists. Salesman said the "guts" are ther just will be a plug and play and all these things will be operable. I'm not so sure and cannot find anyone who seems to know for sure. I may contact Chevy directly.

I too like the blue and an considering Silver or Mosaic Black. Black trucks look good towing TVs ! Current LTZ is black and have owner several black vehicles over several decades.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pricing a 2500 in that color. Really liked it. They are a lot more Maintenace in the darker colors, but when clean and waxed - wow!. When pricing I noticed what Dan (@Canyonlight) said about heated/ventilated seats and heated steering wheel and so on. In reading the spec sheet it does appear that all it will take if ordered is to plug in the chips when available. Now that might be 2 years down the road...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No heated steering wheel is $25 credit. Heated and vented front seats are $50 credit. Front and rear park assist is $50 credit and heated rear seat is $200 credit. If you get the Chev high country model you will loose the heated rear seat and front and rear park assist. Same goes for the GMC Denali. The rear seat option has been not available sense July 2021 on 2022 models. The other items started in November and December being a credit. Dealer should have this information. Hope this helps.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Hey Colin and Tracy - congrats on ordering your new truck ! I built a 22 loaded LTZ Chevy and a SLT Sierra GMC 3500 SRW and submitted the builds to a dealer I have used for service work for more than a decade for feedback. Trying to nail down the credits given for no heated rear seat, no front ventilated (may heated too) seats, no heated steering wheel, and no front and rear park assists. Salesman said the "guts" are ther just will be a plug and play and all these things will be operable. I'm not so sure and cannot find anyone who seems to know for sure. I may contact Chevy directly.

I too like the blue and an considering Silver or Mosaic Black. Black trucks look good towing TVs ! Current LTZ is black and have owner several black vehicles over several decades.

Dan
    You guys got a lot more info than I was able to with regard to what would be missing! I would ask, and not get squat. After 5 months I got pretty jaded. I’ll probably go back to Chevy, but not before trying out the F450.

My wife had the best analogy for the whole ordering process with our dealer: “it was like being at the McDonald’s drive thru, only we were stuck at the menu for 5 months. We never actually made it to the speaker to order!”
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    No heated steering wheel is $25 credit. Heated and vented front seats are $50 credit. Front and rear park assist is $50 credit and heated rear seat is $200 credit. If you get the Chev high country model you will loose the heated rear seat and front and rear park assist. Same goes for the GMC Denali. The rear seat option has been not available sense July 2021 on 2022 models. The other items started in November and December being a credit. Dealer should have this information. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, for your feedback. Yes, I have seen these credits and amounts for sometime on the GM sites. That's a nice goodwill gesture if they all can and will be operable with just the plug and play process at no charge and no tearing the vehicle apart to do so. Will have to nail this down before ordering.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast