User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 8cf 12v in my 25G (w/300 watt solar package) and compared to the the 3-way fridge I had in my previous one, call me lucky, but I am loving the 12v. Went camping last week for 4 days and with my single battery I never had an issue with enough juice. Just ran off of solar. Also in the old 3-way (2cf in pop-up) I had to run a fan to extract the heat and it would take 4-5 hours to cool initially. I timed the one in the 25G and it was cooled in an hour fifteen. The previous owner told me he was skeptical about the 12v initially by reading all the horror stories on various forums, but never had an issue with it, and made sure his new trailer had a 12v as well. Again, I may change my tune in a couple years, but as of now (two quick trips) it is leaps and bounds better than my last 3-way.
    Pismo Beach, CA
    2021 Momentum 25G, VIN#573TM3123M1214511
    2006 Ford F-250, Short Bed CrewCab, 6.0 Bullet Proofed 4X4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know about other models, but that's not true in many Solitudes. The residential fridge will fit around the island and out the door with the refrigerator doors removed.

Rob
    I have the same residential fridge as Rob. I don't have any solar. My rig came with 2 lead acid batteries. I replaced them with 2 100A/h Battleborn batteries the were on sale over the summer. I usually go out for a week at a time so not a full timer. I only travel 2-3 hundred miles in a day, so I stop over nigh at rest stops or Wally World over night. I never go more than 1 night boondocking, then the next night I go to a campground and so on. I never had a problem with the batteries running down, but my Champion 3500 will not run the air conditioner and charge the batteries at the same time (bummer).
    On black Friday Battleborn had a sale on supposed blem batteries. There was supposed to be a slightly blem case, but the battery was to be perfect. I couldn't resist, so I bought another battery. I think it was $675 or maybe $725 I don't remember. The battery was perfect and was not marked in any way. I ran the frig 26 hours and the batteries were still 55%.
    So what I am saying is that with decent battery setup even with a RR you can still boondock, add some solar and you are good to go.
    Last edited by Malco1; 01-05-2022 at 10:53 PM.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. 12 Volt fridge is so much better than the absorption. I have a 21G with 300 watt solar and never have low battery. Awesome trailers and great refridgerators. After they are cold I would check my BMS and it was only drawing 1.5-3 amps normally. Every once in a while I would see 5 amps, but not very often over a 4 day trip to sand mountain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

furrion frig

i'm on my second one in 7 months i have a 2022 221rbs if it goes out again will get an everchill.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234