User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help in Trying to Select Dealer

I am in the process of trying to select a dealer to purchase a Grand Design Imagine 17MKE. If you live in Florida or Georgia, can you PM me and let me know where you purchased your Grand Design if you were very happy with all aspects of the deal including sales process, the dealer getting the rv ready for you in a timely manner, if you had to go back for warranty work and if the work was completed in a satisfactory manner the first time. I checked the Grand Design website for authorized dealers but want to very careful and make sure I get this right. I only have one shot at doing so.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlAJ View Post
    I am in the process of trying to select a dealer to purchase a Grand Design Imagine 17MKE. If you live in Florida or Georgia, can you PM me and let me know where you purchased your Grand Design if you were very happy with all aspects of the deal including sales process, the dealer getting the rv ready for you in a timely manner, if you had to go back for warranty work and if the work was completed in a satisfactory manner the first time. I checked the Grand Design website for authorized dealers but want to very careful and make sure I get this right. I only have one shot at doing so.
    Northgate RV Center in Ringgold, GA. Ask for Mike Gaboury. We bought from them last year, drive 1300 miles, one way, to pick it up. They will take care of you!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be jaded on this, but I honestly wouldn't select a dealer based on "service". I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but they are few/far between, and EVERY dealer will claim they have excellent service and they'll "take care of you if you buy from them". Fact of the matter is, everyone is ridiculously backed up and service will take a long time just because of parts in most cases.

I'd buy basically only on cost and distance from home. The closer to home, the more likely you are to be able to get in for service, and the lower the cost, the more you can pay a mobile tech if you really need one.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I may be jaded on this, but I honestly wouldn't select a dealer based on "service". I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but they are few/far between, and EVERY dealer will claim they have excellent service and they'll "take care of you if you buy from them". Fact of the matter is, everyone is ridiculously backed up and service will take a long time just because of parts in most cases.

I'd buy basically only on cost and distance from home. The closer to home, the more likely you are to be able to get in for service, and the lower the cost, the more you can pay a mobile tech if you really need one.
    From experience I'm jaded for sure but that "mobile tech" thing is a double edge knife waiting to cut. I found anything suspension or exterior marker light related related I was by far better going to a local trailer shop. The rest I just cringe and grit my teeth.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlAJ View Post
    PM Sent to you
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post

Service is just an important IMO. Many dealers won't service you or will put you in the back of the line if you didn't buy your trailer from them. Dealership service can also be invaluable when trying to push warranty claims as well. I am lucky that I had a great dealer for the sale who also performs great service if/when needed (I test drove the service side before I bought our current unit). Having said that, most items I will fix on my own, but I know they are there if I need something that is more than I can handle.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Service is just an important IMO. Many dealers won't service you or will put you in the back of the line if you didn't buy your trailer from them.
    Service at my dealer is so backed up that if you didn't purchase from them and they were your only option, you might as well just burn down the RV, collect the insurance, and go buy a new one. They are running 6+ months out for those who did purchase there, good luck if you didn't.

But, 6 months is way too long for me, I'd honestly sell the RV if I couldn't fix it myself (or find a mobile tech to do it sooner) and buy a new one. Assuming I could find one, of course.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my 2800bh at LaMesa in Sanford and was a smooth purchase in 2019 at 30% of MSRP. I know not happening now, but have heard a lot of people getting 20% off.
    As far as service, I have never had a problem scheduling and always had service completed in 2-3 days. They have dealerships nationwide, but this one is relatively small and I’ve never had any issues.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing you live in St. Johns, I assume you are near Jacksonville. We purchased our 2021 310GK online thru General RV, and picked up our purchase at their Jacksonville location. We did have a dealer about ten minutes from our house, but the salesforce was dismal when we went to look at the 310 at the dealership, and the price they quoted was $13000.00 higher than General RV.
    Our experience with General was good, and we had minimal issues with the walkthrough or service on any of the issues we encountered.
    Mark and Rebecca
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited CrewCab 8 Ft. Bed 6.7 HO 4wd B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Northgate RV in Ringold Georgia would be my hands down go to choice. While I did not purchase my current rig from them (it was solely based on availability) They are top Notch, Low pressure, and outstanding service.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast