User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Batteries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Costco 6 volt golf cart batteries are the best bang for the buck.
    I agree, I have had a number of 6 volt batteries over the years and folks have suggested some good ones so far. After the 4 days it took for the 12 volt battery the dealership supplied when I picked up my Momentum to go bad. I decided to give the Costco 6 volt a try, more as an experiment than anything. Going on the third year now. I keep a trickle charge on them when at home and check the water regularly and use solar panels when out boondocking. So far so good.
    Scott O.
    2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
    2019 28G Momentum

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't regularly stay off shore power, a single 12V will work fine for many years. This is just a counterpoint to thinking a single 12V won't work. It does limit you if you plan on boondocking, but we used a single 12V Wally World battery for usually 3-5 years at a time, depending on whether I forgot to disconnect the battery. $80 every few years isn't too bad.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just our 2 cents worth... For what lithium and 6 volt batteries (x2 = 12 volts) and true deep cycle batteries cost, anyone can buy a standard 880 CCA battery from Walmart (with 5 year warranty) for < $100 when they're on-sale.

When one of my Interstates (1 of 2 in parallel) shorted and started boiling the acid, I began research for a better battery. What I found was that regardless of the type of better batter 'other' than lead-acid, I could buy 4 to 5 lead-acid batteries for the same price. Therefore, instead of spending $500 or more on one 'better' battery, I bought one Walmart lead-acid battery (with 60 month warranty) that gets it levels checked every other month or so and is ALWAYS connected to power unless transitioning from shore to truck power or vice-versa. From actual experience I know that with a power outage in our Solitude, one lead-acid battery, used only as needed, will keep everything working for about 48 hours until the propane fridge starts complaining about low voltage...so I added a second similar battery...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12