User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy way to transport gas to RV?

Anyone have any good ideas for an easy way to move ~20-40 gallons of fuel at a time to the RV and fill the tanks for the genny/toys? I have an ethanol free gas station near me that is, well.. "Hairy" getting the RV into/out of. I'd much rather just drive the truck over, fuel up a tank(s) and bring it back to the RV.

I sometimes use 5 gallon cans, but that's a bit of a nightmare because the RV tanks are meant to be filled from a spout, not from a can. So, net/net, it works, but I wind up covered in gas when I do it that way. What I'd really like is something like a 15G jug with some sort of siphon system and a valve to get the fuel from the tank to the RV. Wondering if anyone has built something like this or has some ideas on a commercial product.

I'm thinking of something like this:

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...lon-container/

But what I don't see is a ~10ft hose (with a valve somewhere on the hose) and a spout available. My plan is to pull the truck up next to the RV, run the hose into the tank I want to fill, then kick this thing over and let it siphon out.

Any better ideas, because, honestly, I'm not thrilled with this one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve looked at this unit before. Not yet pulled the trigger since we’re not hauling toys (yet). It has a gravity feed hose. I do have one of these hoses I use on 5 gal cans and works well when I keep cans in the bed. At 6+ gallons a pound I’d want wheels on that much fuel if I had to move it and a couple boards. 100 lb deadlift takes the “R” out of “ RV” for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Scepter-6792-...s%2C101&sr=8-6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MooManChu; 12-31-2021 at 07:03 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at that one, it appears to be what I need, just worried that the reviews for it are so bad. I'd love to get one that's steel, which I've also found, but with equally awful reviews?!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I looked at that one, it appears to be what I need, just worried that the reviews for it are so bad. I'd love to get one that's steel, which I've also found, but with equally awful reviews?!
    My next door neighbor is in his mid 80s and still insists on cutting his grass.
    He has trouble handling gas cans due to loss of strength in his hands.
    He purchased the unit described by @MoonManCu, I load it empty into my truck.
    We fill it and I put it in his workshop leanto several times each summer.
    It has worked fine for 6 or 7 years. His only complaint is the nozzle gets clogged.
    The nozzle has a filter (cheap wire strainer) in it and I clean it each time we fill it.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like they’ve run into quality issues since I looked a few years back. Wow.

Sign O the times. Quick scroll shows lots of 1 star in past year. Check Summit Racing. They sell everything from portable tanks to aux tanks You may want to invest in aux in the bed if you have room.

Summit is local to us but nationwide, reputable and my experience don’t carry junk, and has top customer service.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jdw-jdi-fst15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MooManChu; 12-31-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Anyone have any good ideas for an easy way to move ~20-40 gallons of fuel at a time to the RV and fill the tanks for the genny/toys? I have an ethanol free gas station near me that is, well.. "Hairy" getting the RV into/out of. I'd much rather just drive the truck over, fuel up a tank(s) and bring it back to the RV.

I sometimes use 5 gallon cans, but that's a bit of a nightmare because the RV tanks are meant to be filled from a spout, not from a can. So, net/net, it works, but I wind up covered in gas when I do it that way. What I'd really like is something like a 15G jug with some sort of siphon system and a valve to get the fuel from the tank to the RV. Wondering if anyone has built something like this or has some ideas on a commercial product.

I'm thinking of something like this:

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...lon-container/

But what I don't see is a ~10ft hose (with a valve somewhere on the hose) and a spout available. My plan is to pull the truck up next to the RV, run the hose into the tank I want to fill, then kick this thing over and let it siphon out.

Any better ideas, because, honestly, I'm not thrilled with this one!
    Summit racing, matrix, VP and Pit Posse have some really good 5 gallon speed jugs. When I had my toyhauler, I would fill the jugs with my special race gas mixture before putting it in the toyhauler and I would keep 2 with me in case it was a long trip and I needed more fuel. Good luck with your solution!

Also, I did have a sceptre tank (link shown by moomancho) which was ok but very slow to fill anything. Great if you have a boat that requires lots of fuel. You can roll it to the dock.
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot about LC2. Very good can as well. Make sure whatever nozzle you get with the can fits in the fueling station. I have one that is too large to fit. A bit of a pain.
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you know any motorsports racers (auto, motorcycle, MX), they might have spare fuel cans.

For a few years, I bought all of my fuel in these and returned them later for the deposit. I gave a couple of them away to friends, and I have 2 now that I use to transport non-ethanol to my 349M when I need to. You can check with local petroleum suppliers that might have spare cans or order one through the link below. Don't forget to get a bung wrench.

These are GREAT for storing fuel over the winter since they're air tight and opaque.

To transfer the fuel, I have a siphon hose (to drain from the can sitting in the bed of my truck to the fuel station) and a big funnel to get the last little bit out of the can.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26wt16_1_5.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	38321

https://www.thecarycompany.com/16-ga...el-drum-26wt16
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 12-31-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    signature

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transporting is one part, transferring is another. I still haven't a good, reliable and affordable way of transferring from one tank to another. That flow n go I have is real slow to pour plus you have to raise it. The cheap tubing leaks after a bit. I then got a little battery operated wand and that also started to leak. Was a little faster but not by a whole lot.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a 12v electric transfer pump 10gph.

AmazonCommercial Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Kit 10GPM Electric Self-Priming DC 12V Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T3STPD1...ing=UTF8&psc=1

If you are willing to source a container I think this might be a good solution. It says diesel, but a pump is a pump.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast