User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    It looks like you are talking about a fair amount of fuel to be used on a regular basis.

Have you considered a second fuel tank in your truck bed?

I am sure they have some that are properly rated for gasoline and come with an integrated pump.
    I've never seen a larger/truck mounted transfer tank that's rated for gasoline. Not sure why, but all of them that I've ever seen are "non-flammable liquids only". No problem finding an explosion proof pump, but finding a container rated for gasoline that has a bung for the pump seems to be looking to unobtanium.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I've never seen a larger/truck mounted transfer tank that's rated for gasoline. Not sure why, but all of them that I've ever seen are "non-flammable liquids only". No problem finding an explosion proof pump, but finding a container rated for gasoline that has a bung for the pump seems to be looking to unobtanium.
    I think it has to do with the evaporative emissions rules (EPA)related to gasoline that aren’t in place for diesel. The “utility jugs” with vents have a warning saying not to use with gasoline, even the red ones. I have red and yellow “utility jugs” from Rural King, and may be ignoring the warning on the red ones because of past experiences with the EPA approved non vented cans. 🙁

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... but finding a container rated for gasoline that has a bung for the pump seems to be looking to unobtanium.
    Not to repeat, but I use this setup all the time.
    I fill my Momentum's fuel station about 8-10 times a year and this works wonderfully when I can't get my rig into a station.
    The container is 100% rated for gasoline transport and has a bung that fits gasoline pumps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26wt16_1_5.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	38335
    plus
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strap.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	38333
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 01-01-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    signature

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here ya go....take your choice on sizing and make sure your credit card is nice and healthy.

https://www.tankandbarrel.com/gasoli...487cb062eb9a24
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Here ya go....take your choice on sizing and make sure your credit card is nice and healthy.

https://www.tankandbarrel.com/gasoli...487cb062eb9a24
    Wow, those are not cheap. My 100G diesel tank was <300 bucks, these are in a whole new zip code.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, those are not cheap. My 100G diesel tank was <300 bucks, these are in a whole new zip code.
    LOL....yea, that's why I stated "make sure your credit card is healthy." The gasoline transfer tanks obviously cannot be used in a "gravity feed" scenario, so in addition to the tank, which is already expensive, you have to buy a gasoline rated pump and transfer the gas that way. Gasoline tank are a lot more expensive because of the extra measures that they require when building; for safety. Tank and barrel is where I bought my RDS all aluminum tank about this time last year. The 60 gallon "L" shaped tank was $569 or ???. I see where they have gone up around $200 since then.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    I’ve looked at this unit before. Not yet pulled the trigger since we’re not hauling toys (yet). It has a gravity feed hose. I do have one of these hoses I use on 5 gal cans and works well when I keep cans in the bed. At 6+ gallons a pound I’d want wheels on that much fuel if I had to move it and a couple boards. 100 lb deadlift takes the “R” out of “ RV” for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Scepter-6792-...s%2C101&sr=8-6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's the one we've used for the past 10 months, works great.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using this to fill my boat at the dock forever.
    As they say KISS

Hand Siphon

Besides, I can't lift anything more than a 5 gal can into the truck
    2021 Momentum 25G - 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Gas - 2009 Honda VTX 1300T
    Jack of all trades and master of one :)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't go cheap when it comes to equipment to transfer gasoline! Gravity feed, cheap pumps, and tanks not DOT rated for gasoline transport are literally an explosion waiting to harm or kill.

Some of the stuff sold is absolute garbage. Oddball fittings, cheap materials and 3rd world construction. Many leak right out of the box. A leaky tank in the back of a vehicle is not a good thing. Throw in the summer heat and all that is needed is a spark!

Learn the difference between "auxiliary" and "transfer" tanks. Just because something is rated to store and dispense gasoline does not mean it is safe to transport in your vehicle. "Google" to understand why "gravity feed"+ "gasoline"="a really bad idea". Gasoline vs diesel approval. Buy UL/DOT rated equipment. "Ground" wires are a wonderful thing. And bolt or strap the tank down when transporting!

Many may disagree with me. And many have done just fine going the cheap roue. "Good enough." "Never had a problem." etc. etc. I just don't want to be one of the unlucky few.

And... plan to exercise your wallet!

PS I had a cheap propane gas grill go "POOF" momentarily. It cost me a hospital visit and significant discomfort. It was over before I knew what happened. I was lucky...no permanent injury. You can bet my gas grills are no longer cheap junk!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our son got this for us last Christmas (2019) have not had a chance to try, it looks like it may work
    Scepter USA 6792 Duramax 14 Gallon Flo-N-Go Fuel Caddy, Red, found it on Amazon
    Scepter-6792-Duramax-Gallon-Flo-N-Go

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast