User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rubber Shortage Leading to RV Tire Shortage NOT

NOT! One of the leading RV rags published an article about a possible rubber shortage due to flooding and rubber tree disease may cause a shortage of RV tires. They waited until the end of the article to say since most of the rubber used in tires is Synthetic rubber anyway there should not be a shortage of RV tires. This caused a lot of negative feedback from readers saying the article was bait and scare tactics and irresponsible reporting.

Heck they have been using synthetic rubber in products ie tires and wiper blades for decades. Some people are going to read the article, miss the end of the article and then first thing you know it will be all over the internet! RV Tires Will Be In Short Supply!! - NOT. I didn't like the article when I first read it also, very misleading, but I figure it was written by someone who doesn't know the difference between the front or back of a tire, setting at their table in their RV camped out in an RV park and uploaded the article to the RV rag mag.

There maybe some trouble getting the brand and size of tire you want, but that maybe due to the tires being stuck on a ship waiting to be unloaded. Or maybe there will be problems due to a specific brand of tire having a recall, but an across the board RV tire shortage?

We RVers of the trailer variety are always looking for quality tires from Maxis, Saline, Continental, Cooper, GoodYear, etc. I'm thinking about replacing our 5er tires next year before our big trip out west. Our West Lake "G" tires have been great over the already 8000 miles on them and will turn 4 years old in 2022. I might just get new WestLake "Gs" for our next set.

What say you?
    Last edited by Steven@147; 12-31-2021 at 07:38 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tires are in short supply, but nothing to do with the rubber tree at all. Irresponsible reporting for certain, but the news, in any form, no longer meets the Walter Cronkite definition of news!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And some folks will just read the headline and spout the nonsense all over the place, thereby creating a run on tires.

Such BS reporting. Pure sensational click bait.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Tires are in short supply, but nothing to do with the rubber tree at all. Irresponsible reporting for certain, but the news, in any form, no longer meets the Walter Cronkite definition of news!
    The Walter Cronkites all disappeared with the end of the Fairness Doctrine.