User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    I will resist the urge to say anything further other than it's been announced on Facebook only. And those of us that have expressed issues with that (such as being unable to access social media during the day due to VPN, personal reasons, etc.)... wait, I said resisting... *sigh*

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    WOW...so this was posted on the facebook group Grand Design National Owners Rally? I didn't even know there was a facebook group for that! Is that the way it is always done or has it just changed? Thank you.
    Terry Ann & Dave
    2016 Reflections 337 RLS
    Full Timers Since June, 2018

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    WOW...so this was posted on the facebook group Grand Design National Owners Rally? I didn't even know there was a facebook group for that! Is that the way it is always done or has it just changed? Thank you.
    If it weren't for The Jodester posting here (which seems to have since been deleted), I wouldn't have known about it. I don't know the group it was posted to, just know it was posted on Facebook, but I don't have an account so I couldn't tell you more information than that.

Last year communication was fantastic. Email updates regularly, this fourm was updated regularly, and was much easier to keep informed. New wagon "masters" this year that couldn't care less about the non-Facebook minority crowd.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by A.Texas.Yankee; 03-26-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    May I ask where this information on the registration date was announced? I have been following www.gdrvnationalrally.com and waiting to see a new blog post on what date and time the tickets go on sale and have seen nothing since December 2021. I just looked there again and there is nothing new posted. I thought that was the site all the information was going to be on?
    As others had said, I understood someone must have posted it on Facebook then relayed here. I had just gotten a communication from the rally master that morning and was Surprised It was on Facebook , as I was told it was to be announced in a few days. Guess someone couldn't contain the excitement and posted to Facebook. I was waiting for the go from the new Wagonmaster to post it here.

Being a Wagonmaster for the national rally is quite a huge undertaking, this being his first National there is so much to learn and done differently than a smaller rally . Please try to be patient and Cut the guy some slack until he gets his feet wet in the big kids pool. 600 plus rigs last year and potentially more this year is way more responsibility than most would take on. I know doing all the pre rally prep then selling 50/50 for such a large group wears me out more each year as the rally grows.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Lol, Just a small oversight on the web page.
    The rally is held at the Elkhart County fairgrounds in Goshen , IN

Just sent a note to the Wagonmaster about missing location

Thanks Gary! I just looked into it and see that it's about 630 miles from my location... a 2 day trip for me.
    Can you or any others answer several questions I have?

Is it always held in the same location?
    Is it always held the week before Labor Day?
    What are the rates? (Last year's rate is fine)
    What are the check in/out times?
    Do they try and put similar RVs together... perhaps by model or is random locations?

Part of my reason for asking is that Fridays checkout would be the start of Labor Day Weekend and could make traveling back to Pa interesting. We have a scheduled trip in NE Pa for Labor Day Weekend that I would need to work around.
    Thanks for any help or insight from the group!
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 03-27-2022 at 04:52 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others had said, I understood someone must have posted it on Facebook then relayed here. I had just gotten a communication from the rally master that morning and was Surprised It was on Facebook , as I was told it was to be announced in a few days. Guess someone couldn't contain the excitement and posted to Facebook. I was waiting for the go from the new Wagonmaster to post it here.

Being a Wagonmaster for the national rally is quite a huge undertaking, this being his first National there is so much to learn and done differently than a smaller rally . Please try to be patient and Cut the guy some slack until he gets his feet wet in the big kids pool. 600 plus rigs last year and potentially more this year is way more responsibility than most would take on. I know doing all the pre rally prep then selling 50/50 for such a large group wears me out more each year as the rally grows.

As a newcomer to rallies and this much anticipated national rally, I was relying on the www.gdrvnationalrally.com site for information. When I stumbled upon the post on this website advising the April 12, 6 pm registration date and time, it made me question where I should be getting my information from. (After all the information on the 2021 selling out in 12 minutes, wanted to be sure we got our best shot at a ticket.) I immediately requested to join the Grand Designs National Rally Facebook group and within half hour or less was confirmed for membership. I was relieved to hear from the recent Facebook post that all info will indeed be coming from the website, on Monday, March 28.

I have no doubt this is a huge undertaking, and happy there are folks willing to volunteer so much of their time and energy to benefit 600+ lucky Grand Design owners. As a hopeful attendee coming from Texas, didn't want to wait and see if we get in, and then find out can't get camping reservations along the way. So we have planned our summer travel around getting to the rally, heading up through AR, MO, WI and the upper MI peninsula, making numerous reservations from May on to end up at the rally. I am sure we are not the only ones doing that. So we are obviously anxious and hopeful to get in...if not, I guess we will see another beautiful area of the US. Maybe we can stay at another campground nearby and see if we can still attend the rally, as someone else suggested here on this forum. Keeping my fingers crossed for ANY site at the fairgrounds!
    Terry Ann & Dave
    2016 Reflections 337 RLS
    Full Timers Since June, 2018

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Can you or any others answer several questions I have?

Is it always held in the same location? yes

Is it always held the week before Labor Day? yes again

What are the rates? (Last year's rate is fine)
    I don't recall off hand , maybe it's in an old rally thread.
    Camping and many meals are included

What are the check in/out times? I am not sure and likely is dependent on what really or event will be taking place before and after the rally at the fair grounds

Do they try and put similar RVs together... perhaps by model or is random locations?
    People are parked in the section they choose as they arrive, no site specific and if you want next to someone you both must arrive at the same time for check in. Areas are not divided by models.

Part of my reason for asking is that Fridays checkout would be the start of Labor Day Weekend and could make traveling back to Pa interesting. We have a scheduled trip in NE Pa for Labor Day Weekend that I would need to work around.
    Last year we were allowed to stay for the Labor day weekend. Who knows what this year will bring
    Thanks for any help or insight from the group!
    Another hint. .. if you see red text in the post it is Marcy posting. Gary posts in black
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 03-27-2022 at 08:32 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another hint. .. if you see red text in the post it is Marcy posting. Gary posts in black
    this made me chuckle a little. It is good information to know

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for answering my questions Marcy..
    I believe I read that last years was sold out in 12 minutes, it sounds like it will be a free for all trying to get a camping spot.

My better half has never even been on the forum.... She just jokes about me being on here messaging with my "girlfriends", to which I've always responded "nope just a bunch of us old guys". Now I can no longer say that, lol.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I believe I read that last years was sold out in 12 minutes, it sounds like it will be a free for all trying to get a camping spot.
    Last year's did sell fast. There were so many trying to register at once , if I recall right either eventbrite or Pay pal shut it down in fear of fraudulent cards.. so in a way we all crashed the system. That was quite the mess for Red and Pam to get straight.. good luck geting in... hope to see you and your wife there
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is A helpful video on the rally registration process
    https://youtu.be/kboWXv1IMFY
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 04-09-2022 at 07:04 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast