User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replaced Microwave with a 3 in 1 Convection Oven

We just finished replacing our original microwave unit with a new Dometic DCMC11B.F Combo unit; Micro, Convection oven and grill in our 2019 Imagine 2250RK. Readers digest version here, I first made a replica of the space (cabinet) in the TT out of cardboard and the wife baked a cake in the oven for about an hour. During this time I took temperature readings so I knew where the hottest areas outside the oven were. Taking this into mind while I cut the cabinet to the proper size. The end result came out as we envisioned. The very front of the new unit sticks out an additional 7/16th of an inch further than the stove top fan hood.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finished product M1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	38325 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finished product - M side view - Copy.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	38326
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M&Lcamping View Post
    We just finished replacing our original microwave unit with a new Dometic DCMC11B.F Combo unit; Micro, Convection oven and grill in our 2019 Imagine 2250RK. Readers digest version here, I first made a replica of the space (cabinet) in the TT out of cardboard and the wife baked a cake in the oven for about an hour. During this time I took temperature readings so I knew where the hottest areas outside the oven were. Taking this into mind while I cut the cabinet to the proper size. The end result came out as we envisioned. The very front of the new unit sticks out an additional 7/16th of an inch further than the stove top fan hood.

Very nicely done!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.
    I've been looking online for the Dometic DCMC11B.F to replace the existing Dometic microwave (only) in my Keystone fifth wheel. As near as I can tell the DCMC11B.F is a direct replacement. So far, I've found it listed on a number of sites but always out-of-stock. Do you mind telling me where you found yours?
    Thanks in advance,
    Glen

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M&Lcamping View Post

Did you, by chance, look at the wattage rating of the new one compared to the old one? If not, it might be worthwhile to make sure that you are not overloading the circuit and receptacle for it. I honestly don't know what they put in there for that spot, but a wattage number will reveal that for you....or better yet, if it states the amperage drawn when using it. If not, wattage divided by voltage will equal current in amps.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Did you, by chance, look at the wattage rating of the new one compared to the old one? If not, it might be worthwhile to make sure that you are not overloading the circuit and receptacle for it. I honestly don't know what they put in there for that spot, but a wattage number will reveal that for you....or better yet, if it states the amperage drawn when using it. If not, wattage divided by voltage will equal current in amps.
    yes, This was all calculated prior to purchase. This unit is 1000 watts compared to the stock 900w unit
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen C View Post
    Hi.
    I've been looking online for the Dometic DCMC11B.F to replace the existing Dometic microwave (only) in my Keystone fifth wheel. As near as I can tell the DCMC11B.F is a direct replacement. So far, I've found it listed on a number of sites but always out-of-stock. Do you mind telling me where you found yours?
    Thanks in advance,
    Glen
    This was purchased from Overtons.
    [URL="http://https://www.overtons.com/search?q=microwave&search-button=&lang=default"]
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. That's one of the sites where I've found out-of-stock listings. None of the sites indicate that the oven is discontinued. I'm aware that Dometic recently closed their Elkhart manufacturing facility, which may have disrupted supply. I contacted Dometic today. Hopefully that will produce results.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen C View Post
    Thanks. That's one of the sites where I've found out-of-stock listings. None of the sites indicate that the oven is discontinued. I'm aware that Dometic recently closed their Elkhart manufacturing facility, which may have disrupted supply. I contacted Dometic today. Hopefully that will produce results.
    Glen, Best of luck to you. We've used the convection oven several times now. Original oven is just for storage now. - lol
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I used to have a Panasonic countertop combination that I used a lot. Convection is much better than conventional oven cooking. No space for anything like that now.