User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Band1t View Post
    I've only got 9k miles on my truck but love it. As to payload, I would do away with the sun roof. I think it steals about 200 lbs from the payload.

Mine is the Longhorn with just about every option. Since I was replacing a 2004, the power and options are amazing. As my last truck I went hog wild.

Best options:
    exhaust brake
    active cruise control
    heated steering wheel, as well as the heat/cool seats
    interior is awesome compared to the Fords
    great stereo system
    get the aux switches just in case
    TPMS
    power and lighting in the bed
    I think I have 6 cameras, they are everywhereAttachment 38402
    Attachment 38403

Yeah, and you're right the sunroof take about 200lbs of the payload, but hey if the wife wants it who am I to say no, I had one on my 2018 but hardly use it, but now my son love it.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Yeah, and you're right the sunroof take about 200lbs of the payload, but hey if the wife wants it who am I to say no,
    Oh I'm going to use that excuse I stuck with the Laramie Level 2 SRW because it was my daily driver (it was also the only RAM or Ford available on any lot between NH and MD) and the parking at the AFB I worked at was, to put it kindly, dismal. My boss had an F-350 DRW and there were only a few spaces he could fit in and only if he got there before way before the facility opened. I will say that the creature comforts were well worth it in the 16 hour drives between NH and NC.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my truck from Dennis Dillon in Caldwell ID. Best price around, no negotiation, easy fly into Boise to pick it up . I ordered online or over the phone.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Oh I'm going to use that excuse I stuck with the Laramie Level 2 SRW because it was my daily driver (it was also the only RAM or Ford available on any lot between NH and MD) and the parking at the AFB I worked at was, to put it kindly, dismal. My boss had an F-350 DRW and there were only a few spaces he could fit in and only if he got there before way before the facility opened. I will say that the creature comforts were well worth it in the 16 hour drives between NH and NC.

How do you like your ram, have you tow your new 310GK yet? We are looking in the near future on upgrading to something similar.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    How do you like your ram, have you tow your new 310GK yet? We are looking in the near future on upgrading to something similar.
    Still waiting for delivery of the 310. Let you know soon I hope.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thank you, DW and I look at one and love it we were going to try to trade in our Jayco and get the 310GK but as you are trading in one, we would have been upside down on it, since we still owe on our and the money that they were going to give us wouldn't have been enough to pay off our Jayco.

So, we are going to wait a few more years unless we get a boat full of money.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note that we love our RAM 3500. Pulls our 2930RL beautifully. Truck details are in signature below. Ours is the Limited Longhorn. My last truck was a RAM 1500 Limited and I loved it, but this time I wanted a brown interior. I was not a fan of the brown two tone with special stitching, but it turns out that RAM allows you order without two tone and without stitching. This is my second RAM and while I'm not a fan of RAM's exterior styling, I love everything else about it. Its a win - win for me as I spend much more time inside the truck than I do outside looking at it!
    Last edited by roegs01; 01-05-2022 at 07:52 PM.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, I haven't tow with my new ram yet but I'm looking forward to, the last ram I had was a 2018 3500 CCSB but this one is little more truck so can't wait.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    We just ordered out Ram 3500 but in a SRW but options wise would be much the same so here is what we ordered.
    1. HO Cummins with the Aisin Transmission - Excellent for towing
    2. power folding tow mirrors
    3. Fifth Wheel/Gooseneck package
    4. premium lighting as well as LED headlights.
    5. Trailer Tire pressure monitoring.
    6. Stayed with the 18" tires. 20s are nice but expensive to replace as I have them on my 2019.
    7. High mounted Center light with camera. Good for hitching up the 5ver.
    8. Level C or B package on the Big Horn model.
    9. You should be fine with the 3.73 axle but could go 4.10 axle but the 3.73 gives plenty of towing capacity for the trailer you have picked.

Most everything else is what you personally want. DW wanted a sunroof in this one so we also ordered that. The safety package is nice too but we didn't order that one.

Rob
    I tried ordering a 3500 ram last month or in November. Power folding mirrors, surround camera, and automatic leveling rear suspension was not available in any of the options. Or I should say it showed it on ram.com but you couldn’t order it. With that in mind I decided to postpone my order. Maybe I should check again especially since you were able to get the power folding mirrors which I could not.

Lance
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    From what I was told the 4x4 and sunroof are 2 options which reduce payload the most.
    We have both. I would also add the rear air suspension.
    Bob A.
    I tried to order the rear end suspension and power mirrors in November and was told they were not an option right now. Maybe that has changed and I need to try again.

Lance
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast