User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need English Translation

Does anyone know what this placard on the Nautilus panel means?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28570680-90E8-48CD-B0E7-CAB17AAA7EEC.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	673.8 KB 
ID:	38332
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn off water and release pressure at any faucet before switching the system between settings.
    I use the outdoor shower faucet or the low point drains. You only need to shut water off and open a valve for a few seconds for the pressure to release.
    Looks like a bad verbatim translation from Chinese!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that it meant not to depress the back pressure valve in the city water inlet if the line is pressurized. You'll get sprayed.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Turn off water and release pressure at any faucet before switching the system between settings.
    I use the outdoor shower faucet or the low point drains. You only need to shut water off and open a valve for a few seconds for the pressure to release.
    Looks like a bad verbatim translation from Chinese!
    Yes. These Nautilus valves sensitive and cannot handle switching with pressure in the lines. One of the reasons I ripped ours out and built a new one using readily available components. When I still had the Nautilus system, when turning on/off valves, I first made sure the pump and/or the city water were off. Then turned on the outdoor shower until it dribbled.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I thought that it meant not to depress the back pressure valve in the city water inlet if the line is pressurized. You'll get sprayed.
    That's what I thought. I ruined one years ago by pressing on it while there was pressure.

However, I'm now thinking the sticker refers to what @BB&LAB is saying. I've always turned off city water when turning the valves, but I need to start remembering to pressure down when on 12vdc pump.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never released the pressure before turning any of the Nautilus levers. There was never any resistance that I could feel, and no ill effects.

And kind of tough to equate "Turn" with "Depress". IMO anyway.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It states “city water connection” valve. It must be referring to the one way valve device inside where you connect the city water hose.

Additionally I NEVER turn any of the levers with any pressure in the system. If on city water I turn the city water off and open a faucet in the trailer to remove water pressure in the trailer. If on pump, I turn the pump off and then open a faucet to remove all water pressure in the trailer. Only then do I turn any of the levers.

I think that’s good procedure to prevent an o ring failure at any of the valves connected to the levers.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read through the owner's manual, but didn't retain much. Does it specify to release water pressure before turning any of the levers? I honestly don't remember reading it, but that means nearly nothing. LOL
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I have read through the owner's manual, but didn't retain much. Does it specify to release water pressure before turning any of the levers? I honestly don't remember reading it, but that means nearly nothing. LOL
    Owners manual https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...al-Rev0617.pdf

The last thing on connecting to city water is turn on water but no mention to not turn levers under pressure.

It does state to turn off water pump ANY TIME IT’S NOT IN USE. Who does this?

I turn off pump or city water hose any time I leave the trailer. That’s just me. I do the same at home and vacation cabin anytime when leaving overnight or longer.

I also turn off washing machine water valves at home anytime the washer is not being used.

I’m paranoid that a plumbing leak when I’m not home or in the trailer would cause flooding.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Hoopy Frood;408723

And kind of tough to equate "Turn" with "Depress". IMO anyway.[/QUOTE]

You are right. That's got to be it. As I mentioned, I do know the little check valve in the city water connection is delicate.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast