User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    Quite right....checking your load is important. How is the battery?, disconnect it and see if fan runs.

I had a battery issue once and the fan ran quite a bit. Replaced the battery and voila...issue resolved. The battery had died and likely my fault as I did discharge it quite a bit twice. The battery lasted only 3 years. I nursed the new one and 5 years later was still quite alive and kicking.

I have checked all my loads directly at the home fuse box with an a/c A meter. I run a 20A circuit out to a 30A adapter to trailer. Turn everything off and disconnect your battery to check for your base load. Connect the battery and see. With the battery disconnected I was getting 14.7V across the terminals. However, there was no load. With the battery connected I did see a marginal load increase but the battery was fully charged and this was likely the trickle charge that kicked in.

Time consuming but worth the time.
    X2 for a possible battery issue. If the battery wont take a complete charge, it will keep trying, thus drawing continual amps.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making the switch from WFCO

Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    X2 for a possible battery issue. If the battery wont take a complete charge, it will keep trying, thus drawing continual amps.
    Definitely could be. OP could disconnect the battery for say 15-20 minutes and do a reading. I will say this, I used to have to put liquid in my batteries like every 6 weeks. Since changing over to a PD, I still check, but batts are fine.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glampers View Post
    Thanks Bill! Yes, the Fan is running almost continuously with only two zones of LED lights on (no other 12 volt systems on). Fridge is off, and RV has been plugged into the 50 amp at the house for 24 hours after a 1400 mile drive.

I am going to give the PD9260 C a try. I just don't want to fix/replace things when on vacation. A little PM (preventive maintenance) goes a long way.
    That sounds like you have a battery problem. A bad battery can cause a converter to run hard trying to charge it.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed over to PD due to the fan noise and changing to Li batteries. Much quieter now. I got the one that can toggle from regular to Li batteries.

A little hard to install trying to figure what GD decided to do that day.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Just as an FYI, the WFCO converter fans run based on current (load) draw, not temperature.

Do you know that for sure? Not questioning, just wondering. I'm thinking if it might be heat caused by increased current load. Basically the same thing but I'd be interested to know exactly what triggers the fan.

I had a previous trailer that that had a WFCO converter built into the breaker distribution box. The fan was loud and ran very frequently. I purchased a better quality converter, moved it out of the confined area of the breaker box so more air would move around it, and added an additional 140mm computer fan that ran continuously. The results were excellent.

I'm glad the converter on my Reflection is not in the living area. The fan is never heard.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Do you know that for sure? Not questioning, just wondering.
    Yes, it's on the top of page 3 here - https://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conte...eration-v2.pdf

My convertor is mounted below my fridge and the fan is not loud. In fact, when it's hot outside, my fridge fan(s) are much louder than my convertor fan ever is, but it's not annoying. It's comforting to know that the fans are running when they are needed.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, the loud fridge fan. I got 2 of these and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't hear them at all.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking for a possible water leak behind the Nautilus panel in our Solitude (no leak) but instead heard the WFCO 65 amp converter fan running amok with the speed changing several times per second from very fast to very slow. Since we have owned this solitude since 2017 I have heard the fan running occasionally, but always at a constant speed.

While the fan was going nuts I turned off the 12 volt light inside the basement door and the fan shut off. Every time I turned the light on the fan would go nuts again until I turned the light back off.

To make a preemptive strike I removed the converter, drilled out the rivets and opened it up to inspect the circuit boards (Electronics are not unfamiliar to me). I found a lot of dried and crusty flux everywhere but found noting amiss. I put the cover back on with heating duct screws and reinstalled it. The fan is back to constant speed again, and turning on the basement light doesn't affect the fan at all.

However... Soon after we had a campground power outage years ago and I found that the single wet-cell battery would last about 24 hours before the Fridge started complaining, I replaced the single battery box with a Walmart plastic tool box large enough for three wet-cell batteries. I added a second battery in parallel.

I'm glad I added the second battery because two years ago I opened the front boot and could smell burning acid as one of the two batteries had shorted and was boiling the acid. It was replaced. Now, I want to add a third battery but I am afraid to charging three batteries in parallel would most likely overload and shut down our lone 65 amp converter because the amperage to charge three large batteries would surely overload a standard converter. I have my eye on a new PD 100 amp converter. Then I'll feel comfortable using three batteries in parallel.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think adding a third battery would overload the charger portion, but keep in mind that if you are running 6v gc2 batteries, you would need to run either 2 or 4. 3, won’t work. You could eat run 3 12v batts though.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Yes, it's on the top of page 3 here - https://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conte...eration-v2.pdf

My convertor is mounted below my fridge and the fan is not loud. In fact, when it's hot outside, my fridge fan(s) are much louder than my convertor fan ever is, but it's not annoying. It's comforting to know that the fans are running when they are needed.
    OK thanks. Good to know.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12