Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    The wagonmasters have created a new website for the National Rally: https://www.gdrvnationalrally.com/ The is a link to subscribe by entering your email. You shouldn't miss out on any announcements.
    As stated here by Tom, the 2022 rally has it's own independent site away from facebook or any other forums. All communications aboout the rally will come from that site It is also linked in the 2022 Rally sticky at the top of this Rally section.
    Grand Design has not participated here in some time, if they read they do so with no official log in. This Forum has absolutely no official link to GD . We're Just a bunch of Owners on a non GD sponsored forum
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-03-2022 at 06:57 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is back open. Sorry for the delay.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW....
    This IS NOT a Grand Design owned site. It is independent and (as far as we know) GD doesn't monitor this nor care that you ask them to do (or not do) things requested of them here.

Marcy (whitleburner) has a sticky here about the National GD Rally. If you want to stay in touch (without Facebook) then go to that site, subscribe and then you will get updates.

If you want to have a discussion about Facebook, feel free.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I recognize that this is not a GD owned or operated site. This is a FB related problem that only comes up here because forum users need to understand what it means when they use FB to organize anything.

I am trying to reach forum users that that sponsor informal non-sponsored by Grand Design events. They need to be aware that using Facebook to get the word out to all interested is not an effective strategy. The need to be made aware of the problems many have with Facebook. They need to be informed. There are other issues with FB (like nothing you put there is private). But that's not my problem, I am completely blocked because I can't have a loginID. When I have tried to complain they have been non-responsive. They have no obligation to tell users why they are blocked or to unblock anyone who is.

What does this mean for me? In my case I can't see anything that anyone posts to Facebook unless it is open to the public without a Facebook login. It's not only that can I not post, but I can't see anything on a Facebook group. And Facebook has been promoting the use of private groups over public pages. So here I am, blocked from anyone's Grand Design (or any other subject) related group. I can't become a member of a Facebook group. I can't see any Grand Design FB page that requires me to verify anything about me, like that I own a Grand Design trailer.

All because my FB login was hacked 18 months ago.
    Last edited by Dadeo6472; 01-04-2022 at 08:41 AM.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    First, I recognize that this is not a GD owned or operated site. This is a FB related problem that only comes up here because forum users need to understand what it means when they use FB to organize anything.

I am trying to reach forum users that that sponsor informal non-sponsored by Grand Design events. They need to be aware that using Facebook to get the word out to all interested is not an effective strategy. The need to be made aware of the problems many have with Facebook. They need to be informed. There are other issues with FB (like nothing you put there is private). But that's not my problem, I am completely blocked because I can't have a loginID. When I have tried to complain they have been non-responsive. They have no obligation to tell users why they are blocked or to unblock anyone who is.

What does this mean for me? In my case I can't see anything that anyone posts to Facebook unless it is open to the public without a Facebook login. It's not only that can I not post, but I can't see anything on a Facebook group. And Facebook has been promoting the use of private groups over public pages. So here I am, blocked from anyone's Grand Design (or any other subject) related group. I can't become a member of a Facebook group. I can't see any Grand Design FB page that requires me to verify anything about me, like that I own a Grand Design trailer.

All because my FB login was hacked 18 months ago.
    You could easily just create a new Facebook account.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    You could easily just create a new Facebook account.
    Reread his first post.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Reread his first post.
    He can use a different email address / different name...
    2021 Momentum 395MS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying to reach forum users that that sponsor informal non-sponsored by Grand Design events.
    Unfortunately, There are very few non sponsored GD events, they lend support in a few different ways to regional rallies as well. Which is helpful to wagonmasters and attendees of the rallies. In return almost all GD events will be either on Facebook or a web site they can have some leverage or control on what is posted. Sadly, It's all about control .

The few that do post events here , the forum thanks you .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    He can use a different email address / different name...
    Not any more.

While Facebook users may change an e-mail address, you are no longer allowed to be anonymous to register for Groups and Marketplace and do other things. You can do nothing that requires a verified identity. Because FB identity theft has become such a problem, Facebook has radically changed the rules regarding being anonymous. To do anything more than read, you need to verify your identity... and since Facebook considers my FB identity to be compromised already .... I get nowhere.

I have started this process three times, and never gotten anywhere. I have never been able to talk to someone at the company. (see https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/183000765122339).

The problem is out of control, so much that there are third party sites that tell you how to recover your identify
    (like https://www.makeuseof.com/why-hasnt-...bmitted-my-id/)

If you want to really understand the problem use Google or DuckDuckGo and search for "facebook refused to verify my identity", and review the non-facebook responses. FB makes this process look easy, like a 3 day process. And for many people it is, but for many it is not.

Part of the problem is that for years FB never verified anyone, and then bad actors started doing devious things with fake identities. So FB clamped down and started requiring verified identities for compromised loginIDs, and then for all new users in recent years. And if FB doesn't want to let you back in, for whatever reason, they can refuse to do so. I really have no idea why I can't get an account anymore. I spent 3 months trying last summer. I've given up.
    Last edited by Dadeo6472; 01-04-2022 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typos
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not any more.

While Facebook users may change an e-mail address, you are no longer allowed to be anonymous to register for Groups and Marketplace and do other things. You can do nothing that requires a verified identity. Because FB identity theft has become such a problem, Facebook has radically changed the rules regarding being anonymous. To do anything more than read, you need to verify your identity... and since Facebook considers my FB identity to be compromised already .... I get nowhere.

I have started this process three times, and never gotten anywhere. I have never been able to talk to someone at the company. (see https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/183000765122339).

The problem is out of control, so much that there are third party sites that tell you how to recover your identify
    (like https://www.makeuseof.com/why-hasnt-...bmitted-my-id/)

If you want to really understand the problem use Google or DuckDuckGo and search for "facebook refused to verify my identity", and review the non-facebook responses. FB makes this process look easy, like a 3 day process. And for many people it is, but for many it is not.

Part of the problem is that for years FB never verified anyone, and then bad actors started doing devious things with fake identities. So FB clamped down and started requiring verified identities for compromised loginIDs, and then for all new users in recent years. And if FB doesn't want to let you back in, for whatever reason, they can refuse to do so. I really have no idea why I can't get an account anymore. I spent 3 months trying last summer. I've given up.
    Have you tried creating a new account? You don’t need to get verified if you just post on your wall and join / participate in groups.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Unfortunately, There are very few non sponsored GD events, they lend support in a few different ways to regional rallies as well. Which is helpful to wagonmasters and attendees of the rallies. In return almost all GD events will be either on Facebook or a web site they can have some leverage or control on what is posted. Sadly, It's all about control .

The few that do post events here , the forum thanks you .
    Please explain.

I've never had GDRV tell me I can't post something, nor tell me what to post. I've had three other wagonmasters attend my rally and they've never mentioned this either.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast