User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not say they "tell" you. I said that most rallies will never be posted here due to being steered to facebook . Maybe I wasn't clear.. For that I apologize The National Rally has a non facebook page for people to follow, I and many others would like to see that trend continue.

How difficult or time consuming is it for a wagonmaster or a trusted team member to copy and paste an announcement with even just a just a link to a non facebook rally page stating all communication happens there into a post ? Not very I bet . Even for a busy wagonmaster
    A few mins won't make or break a day.

But that simple post could make an owner who does not facebook or know the internet well (believe it. Or not, some aren't very computer savvy) aware of events they would like to attend. Not everyones world revolves around facebook.

Wagon masters and their team members work very hard so everyone has a great rally experience, I don't want to take away that .

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-05-2022 at 07:41 AM. Reason: I hate typing on a phone
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I did not say they "tell" you. I said that most rallies will never be posted here due to being steered to facebook . Maybe I wasn't clear.. For that I apologize The National Rally has a non facebook page for people to follow, I and many others would like to see that trend continue.

How difficult or time consuming is it for a wagonmaster or a trusted team member to copy and paste an announcement with even just a just a link to a non facebook rally page stating all communication happens there into a post ? Not very I bet . Even for a busy wagonmaster
    A few mins won't make or break a day.

But that simple post could make an owner who does not facebook or know the internet well (believe it. Or not, some aren't very computer savvy) aware of events they would like to attend. Not everyones world revolves around facebook.

Wagon masters and their team members work very hard so everyone has a great rally experience, I don't want to take away that .

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. How does GDRV exert control on wagonmasters to use FB?

I know Bob, who has taken over the national rally, and has organized the NE rally for years. His choice is to pay for web hosting and a site. Maybe his rally fees cover that, mine do not. But never has GDRV attempted to control what I do, or don't (before, during or after the rally.) Especially in regards to publicizing my event.

I contend that if this forum was as easy to navigate, and read individual posts/ responses, it might be as widely to used as FB. And trust me, I dislike FB tremendously, but it does work and is far more popular and available. For example, I've never had a wifi network (at a business or church) deny me access to FB.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, people are still not getting the point!

Let me make this clear for longtime FB users. NEW accounts need to have a verified identity if you want to see and join a group. You can upload a drivers license to get one.

More problematic, FB tries to block old users whose account was hacked when they try to get a new loginID. I CANNOT just open another "unverified" account and use private groups. The rules change once your account has been hacked. I don't know how, but they seem to be tracking users who've held accounts that have been hacked and used to violate FB's rules.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    WOW, people are still not getting the point!

Let me make this clear for longtime FB users. NEW accounts need to have a verified identity if you want to see and join a group. You can upload a drivers license to get one.

More problematic, FB tries to block old users whose account was hacked when they try to get a new loginID. I CANNOT just open another "unverified" account and use private groups. The rules change once your account has been hacked. I don't know how, but they seem to be tracking users who've held accounts that have been hacked and used to violate FB's rules.
    I’m sorry this is false. I just went ahead and created a new Facebook account and joined a couple groups without uploading any ID.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    I’m sorry this is false. I just went ahead and created a new Facebook account and joined a couple groups without uploading any ID.
    Please. Don't tell me what is false, or what I've had to deal with. You have no clue. Just because YOU can create a lurker account doesn't mean everyone can. I cannot.
    When I try, I am told to verify my identity. I have to submit a driver's licence or passport.
    Then.... nothing. No account and no response from FB as to why.

Question: Can your anonymous account join any private groups?
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said new Facebook accounts need to have their ID verified. That is false. If you want I’ll give you this new account I created and you can use it yourself…
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said new Facebook accounts need to have their ID verified. That is false. If you want I’ll give you this new account I created and you can use it yourself…
    Have you been able to join a private group with it?
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM me the the login and ID. I'd like to try it and see if I can join a private group.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks, I would like to steer this thread back. This is about how to spread the word of the GD Rally outside of Facebook. It is not about FB or FB fraud or difficulty of FB accounts. There is a multitude of reasons people make choices to use or not use FB.

This kind of undertaking is huge and to think that GD has not given the Wagonmaster guidelines of operating is not realistic, however, that is not the point of this discussion.

A website has been set up that allows users to enter their email and get updates. Regardless of how it got there, it is there. Whittleburner has provided that link here to help get the word out and I applaud that effort. I will ask if it is ok to post a “Stickie” with this link to aid in this communication to help eliminate some of the “Navigation” challenges.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    PM me the the login and ID. I'd like to try it and see if I can join a private group.
    I PM'd you the credentials
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast