User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried to join a GD related private group. We shall see if it works.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every GDRV supported rally is listed in GDRV4life. With contact info for the wagonmaster(s.) The solution should be to reach out to the organizers of the event you wish to attend and ask them to keep you in the loop. If they refuse, you can safely assume you didn't want to be part of their event anyway.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysdaddy View Post
    Every GDRV supported rally is listed in GDRV4life. With contact info for the wagonmaster(s.) The solution should be to reach out to the organizers of the event you wish to attend and ask them to keep you in the loop. If they refuse, you can safely assume you didn't want to be part of their event anyway.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Seems to me for a wagon master to maintain list of separate people to "keep in the loop" would be more work than copying and pasting info into a single post on this forum.''

But, as you say, you can contact wagon masters directly and ask. Just don't be surprised if there's no response.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    I just tried to join a GD related private group. We shall see if it works.
    So, to follow up, I am still waiting to get approved for a Grand Design Imagine Group in FB. I've answered the questions and provided my VIN.... And no response. This is typical, but its only been a day.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a new wagon master i can tell you that chasing people and trying to keep emails and such straight. There are a lot of emails and information that we deal with. The best part is, that people always wanna be kept in the "loop" until you keep them in the "loop" and they never respond to your emails, or correspondence. As it was said here before. If you are set on going to a rally , you should be following it on the GDRV website or sign up for the newsletters that they usually get together. Its easy to say that you dont use a platform that so many others do to get the info.(believe me I get that Facebook is a sham) but dont think for a second that the wagon masters dont want you to attend an event, just because they dont get back to you.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO Facebook for Organizing GD Rallies!!!!!

I would think that using a basic website with a tool LIKE THIS FORUM is the ideal solution. Here, anyone can see wagonmaster posts, but to post requires a login ID, and users are mostly not firewalled off, as Facebook is blocked on many, many business and government systems these days. Wagon masters can post on their website and here. No one has to deal with the insanity of Facebook, which I still can't fully access with my real and actual identity! I've used an anonymous ID and I can do lots of things, but nothing that requires a real identity. Basically I can lurk.

Look, the bottom line is that if you all use FB to organize and publicize your event, I am out. And so are many others.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again. You are not going to use facebook. That is fine. All I am saying is that we have full time jobs. Time is our enemy. Is it easy to post to this forum? I am sure it is. Which is what i am trying to do for our UN-get together and our rally next year. No one is going to force you to be on Facebook. But for most, it is the easiest thing to get info to the masses. Again, if you dont want to go use Facebook then don't. You can get all the info that you need for a rally on the Grand Design website.

Jody

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Jodester View Post
    Again. You are not going to use facebook. That is fine. All I am saying is that we have full time jobs. Time is our enemy. Is it easy to post to this forum? I am sure it is. Which is what i am trying to do for our UN-get together and our rally next year. No one is going to force you to be on Facebook. But for most, it is the easiest thing to get info to the masses. Again, if you dont want to go use Facebook then don't. You can get all the info that you need for a rally on the Grand Design website.

Jody
    Last National Rally was pretty good for a volunteer based event. And I get the wagon masters are volunteers... but this "you'll use Facebook and like it or else" attitude is a bunch of BS. There are legitimate reasons to NOT use Facebook personally and professionally (many full time jobs firewall social media). The rally is to for GD owners with an opportunity to be involved in something within the GD community...

There hasn't been a post on the official GDRV National Rally website page in 3 months. So...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Jodester View Post

Jody
    Yep people have a full time job. Lots of people do, and you prove my point. Why use FB at all if you also put the same info here? Are you REALLY putting the same info here? Or only the minimum required. Do I have to use FB to register, particpate or get detailed information? Because that's not cool.

FB is one of the most likely things to be blocked from an employer, or anyone else who practices good IT security... So many who use corporate or government provided IT, who want to take a break at lunch and see what's going on with a GD event, they can't, because it's blocked.

So while it may be "easy" for a wagon master to continue to post on Facebook, they won't be spreading any information about GD events to many of us who want to participate. Because we can't.

Do you understand?

Stop using FB to get information out.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Message Regarding Facebook Use By Rally Organizers and Grand Design

Folks, this has become a circular conversation. We all get that there are other methods of information communication. Let’s be civil here and continue to respect each other.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast