User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Message Regarding Facebook Use By Rally Organizers and Grand Design

This is a message to all rally organizers and Grand Design itself regarding using only Facebook to get a message out, to register for events or other things, and/or to get information to Grand Design owners:

Please don't!

There are many of us who, for good and legitimate reasons, cannot, or choose not, to use Facebook.

In my case it's because my Facebook account was hacked months ago, during a long period I was not using it. Facebook deactivated the account, which was reasonable. But they will neither restore it to me nor let me set up a new account without me "proving" my identity by providing images of my driver's licence or passport. These are things which I refuse to release into the social media wilds. If you want details about my experiences on this topic feel free to message me.

Please use this MYGRANDRV.COM forum instead. It's public, secure, free, does not use intrusive tracking software, and it's easy to manage.

Thank You,
    Doug, A Former Facebook Fan
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    110% agree. My family does not use Facebook for personal reasons so we would also appreciate a method other than Facebook (or in addition to) so we can also view and follow updates.

Last year they was a pretty a active topic on it within this forum, though. And we did receive a good amount of communication through email.

Full Timing Family
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for personal reason but also very much frowned upon by the communities of interest in which I have worked.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design RV does not participate or monitor this site.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Grand Design RV does not participate or monitor this site.....
    But, hopefully, the wagon masters, and others with contact with them are here and can let them know that many of us don't "do" FB.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    This is a message to all rally organizers and Grand Design itself regarding using only Facebook to get a message out, to register for events or other things, and/or to get information to Grand Design owners:

Please don't!

There are many of us who, for good and legitimate reasons, cannot, or choose not, to use Facebook.

In my case it's because my Facebook account was hacked months ago, during a long period I was not using it. Facebook deactivated the account, which was reasonable. But they will neither restore it to me nor let me set up a new account without me "proving" my identity by providing images of my driver's licence or passport. These are things which I refuse to release into the social media wilds. If you want details about my experiences on this topic feel free to message me.

Please use this MYGRANDRV.COM forum instead. It's public, secure, free, does not use intrusive tracking software, and it's easy to manage.

Thank You,
    Doug, A Former Facebook Fan
    Hey Doug,

As a wagonmaster I appreciate your thoughts, but also have a full time job, family, home with responsibilities and vehicles to care for. Getting information out as quickly and efficiently as I can is of the utmost importance. I email, have a text service and FB group. I try to make sure everything is automatically sent via each system but nothing is perfect. Please remember wagonmasters are volunteers.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysdaddy View Post
    Hey Doug,

As a wagonmaster I appreciate your thoughts, but also have a full time job, family, home with responsibilities and vehicles to care for. Getting information out as quickly and efficiently as I can is of the utmost importance. I email, have a text service and FB group. I try to make sure everything is automatically sent via each system but nothing is perfect. Please remember wagonmasters are volunteers.

We (well, I) get it. But a simple update, like once a week, or every other week here, on this forum would be appreciated.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wagonmasters have created a new website for the National Rally: https://www.gdrvnationalrally.com/ The is a link to subscribe by entering your email. You shouldn't miss out on any announcements.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysdaddy View Post
    Hey Doug,

We were having all sorts of hacking problems until DW quit facebook. I won't go near it again. Way too many problems. If someone only wants to use FB, then I don't need it that bad
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TEMPORARY CLOSED by moderators.

Since Grand Design is not associated with this web site / forum, I think this may be a mute point - trying to sway GS Rally organizers here.

Standy-by. This thread may reopen soon. Comments can be made by reporting this thread (black triangle below with exclamation point in it) and making a comment to the moderators here.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast