User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warranty item time

I have a couple items my dealer submitted to Grand Design for warranty approval. Supposedly this occurred in November, and the dealer still has not received authorization from from Design.

It is a Lippert item, so GD has to get the ok from Lippert first, or so the dealer tells me.

The Dealer is Campers Inn.

This seems far to long to wait. Am I wrong?
    Happily retired.
    0ver 40 years of camping.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE, Pulled by a:
    White 2021 Armada SL.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can call GD with your VIN handy and check to see if the dealer really did submit the warranty claim. Depending on availabilty of the warrantied item may play a role in your time line as well.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also ask your dealer for the preauthorization number, if they dont have one, they didnt submit a claim.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks All!!
    Happily retired.
    0ver 40 years of camping.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE, Pulled by a:
    White 2021 Armada SL.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapiGG View Post
    I have a couple items my dealer submitted to Grand Design for warranty approval. Supposedly this occurred in November, and the dealer still has not received authorization from from Design.

It is a Lippert item, so GD has to get the ok from Lippert first, or so the dealer tells me.

My refrigerator leaked coolant. We were on the road and our dealer said to send pics to get the warranty process started. First service opening was 10 weeks. Brought it in and was told he needed to plug it in for 8 hours before he could file the request for a new cooling unit. I have $300 in receipts for ice and a cooler plus pics of yellow powder all over the back of the fridge. Not good enough. Fortunately, it only took two weeks to get the cooling unit and repair made.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can email GD @ [email protected] and they will respond fast. As mentioned above have your vin # . They helped me out and they are willing to help , which is awesome.
    Jill and Mark
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Silverado LTZ HD Duramax
    (Previously Salem Hemisphere 286RL)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, many dealers just fail. So the advice to follow up with GD directly to see if they have any record of a claim is great advice.

Like it or not, many dealers push the warranty work to the back of the queue, likely because they can make more by doing work on cash-only customers. Which means months of your rig sitting on their lot.

I've been lucky - my previous Jayco dealer was stellar. My current GD dealer does have long lead times for appointments, but for all work, they make sure to have all the things they might need on hand first, before I show up, and do everything they can to get it done in one day or less. They do the repair, frequently submitting the claim to GD AFTER completion. If I won't be using the unit, they allow me to drop it off early, and try to slot it in before my appointment date. So far, with that option, they've gotten it done many weeks earlier. Only once did they come up short on parts, but got right through to GD and had them overnighted, so the work could be done the next day.
    I have not tested them with a really major repair, that requires lots of disassembly to even diagnose the issue, but I'm pretty confident they will come through if needed.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapiGG View Post

I hope your repair goes better than ours. The dealer, that we bought it from, had it 9 months and it still has not fixed the warranty issues. We ended up picking it up for a preplanned trip that we could not cancel and have to bring it back in April. All in all the dealership will have had our new trailer longer then we have.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I hope your repair goes better than ours. The dealer, that we bought it from, had it 9 months and it still has not fixed the warranty issues. We ended up picking it up for a preplanned trip that we could not cancel and have to bring it back in April. All in all the dealership will have had our new trailer longer then we have.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I would call GD and get authorization to take it somewhere else. Your dealer has failed you.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS