Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800BH Leaking Slide - help

Hi all!

I have 2021 2800bh that apparently leaks occasionally when the slide is pulled. I've had it to the dealer who hasn't been able to locate the source of the leak. They performed a pressure test with soapy water to look for bubbles. I've also doused the outside of the slide with the garden hose and haven't been able to find it either. I just can't seem to figure out where it is coming in from or create the leak.... I can't locate a water trail either, the puddles just "appear" occassionaly after a rain event..... The puddles present them at both corners of the slide on the floor. I've attached a pic of the most recent puddle which is on the master bedroom side, however as mentioned it has presented itself on the other corner as well. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look or share their own experiences it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Nate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1812.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please clarify what you mean by "slide is pulled".

What was the outside temperature?

I had similar wet spots when I left the fridge open to defrost, some of the ice bounced out and landed at least 6-8' away
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response.

Sorry for the confusion on the poorly worded sentence. I meant to say the slide is pulled in/retracted/ in travel mode. Temps were summer time to fall temps, so 50 to 80 F. In this most recent instance, the fridge had been defrosted for quite some time. - Good thought though!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to tell in the picture but it almost looks like it is trying to flow towards the slide. If that is the case it came in farther forward.

With the slides in, out and partway in-between going both directions. Is there any tears, wrinkles or distortions in the rubber on top and both ends?

leaks can be a real bear to find, good luck
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    Hard to tell in the picture but it almost looks like it is trying to flow towards the slide. If that is the case it came in farther forward.

With the slides in, out and partway in-between going both directions. Is there any tears, wrinkles or distortions in the rubber on top and both ends?

leaks can be a real bear to find, good luck
    Good thoughts for certain. I've considered laying down some newspaper to see if can't catch a leak and have it provide some clue as to the direction it came from, although i am not sure that will work as imagine it will........ I have the puddles show up on the corner of the slide out by the bathroom door so I suspect its the slide, but to your point water leaks can be tricky. I'll inspect the seals again. It was just at the dealer, who pressure tested it and used soapy water to find bubbles, but they came up empty handed as well. I'll likely be taking back to another one of their branch locations who has a smoke tester, but thats about 2 hrs away, so I am trying to do some homework myself.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue on my 22mle. It only leaks when there's a good down pour and only when the slide is closed. Forget the dealer. Ours proved to us that they are useless. First time that we noticed the problem was after 2 months of ownership. I was able to pin point where the water was coming in by looking on top of the slide with a flash light and DW outside pouring water over where the slide closes. Dealer ended up replacing a seal under warranty but wouldn't tell me which one and a few panels in the kitchen that got water damaged. That was in Nov just before we stored it for winter. Come spring, guess what happened at the first storm. Called dealer back. Finally got an appointment but only for September only to be told, wait for it, that there's nothing wrong and that it's normal. I said WHAT. It's normal that a brand new RV leaks. They said that I have to park it on an angle. I said what do people with slide on both side do? I didn't wait for an answer. At that point I was also out of warranty and just fuming. Got back home and stated looking at it more closely. With a gap filler gauge, I was able to determine that the D seal wasn't making contact over a 2 feet section. Called GD and explained my situation. They confirmed that slides aren't suppose to leak, we dont have to park our rigs on an angle and to brig it back to the dealer to have it fix under warranty along with any other damage. I told them that I would bring it to an independent RV garage that only fixes RVs and they agreed. Called GD back as this place was booked till spring and they agreed that it could wait till May. There's a few post on D seals.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a random thought.........could the slide have been retracted when wet or raining?

The slide can drip from water in the window channel and the lower corners for days after the slide has been retracted if it was wet.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Just a random thought.........could the slide have been retracted when wet or raining?

The slide can drip from water in the window channel and the lower corners for days after the slide has been retracted if it was wet.
    Thanks for the idea. I suppose anything is possible. This most recent occurance, the slide had been in for weeks. The dealer had retracted it when they had it to try to figure out the leak source. So maybe there was residual water then, but i don't usually retract it when its wet. I'll certainly give the window channels a closer look.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore this.. it happened with the slide open not closed. But if this happens open maybe it'll help.

Is this a Schwintek slide? Sometimes in perfect conditions water can follow the channel and drip inside. We had that happen a couple times. I put a drop of silicone on the track just outside the seal and it's not happened again
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-05-2022 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Brain fart, lack of caffiene
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you had it pressure tested (not sure how that is performed), but I can only tell you the issue I had with a 2018 2800bh. Similar type of leak. Water on top of the slide when it was retracted. The top seal was missing sealant in several places. When the slide was retracted, pressure would open the area missing sealant. If it rained hard enough, water would run down the seal and seep onto the top of the slide. Then it would run onto the floor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast