Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Ignore this.. it happened with the slide open not closed. But if this happens open maybe it'll help.

Is this a Schwintek slide? Sometimes in perfect conditions water can follow the channel and drip inside. We had that happen a couple times. I put a drop of silicone on the track just outside the seal and it's not happened again
    Good idea even with the slide in. I have to dry my slide roof off after I retract it if I wash the trailer. Even with my slide topper, I still get rinse water spray on slide roof. A small seep could be getting in somewhere along the top of the slide and when enough accumulates it could run onto the slide channel and drip inside, IF you don't have a slide topper.
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a letter from GD about the slide seals on schwintek slides. Came here looking to see what everyone is saying about it and saw this.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Just to follow up on the leaking slide. According to the dealer, the fascia (the part the seal squeezes up against) around the slide is bowed and as such is not creating uniform pressure on the seal. Grand Design also concurs as they are covering it under warranty. They were able to find the leak, but not make sufficient adjustments to get it from stop leaking. I need to take it back in for the repair at the end of the month once the part arrives, so I'll follow up again to see if that was in fact the culprit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2800BHSYR View Post
    Hi All,

Just to follow up on the leaking slide. According to the dealer, the fascia (the part the seal squeezes up against) around the slide is bowed and as such is not creating uniform pressure on the seal. Grand Design also concurs as they are covering it under warranty. They were able to find the leak, but not make sufficient adjustments to get it from stop leaking. I need to take it back in for the repair at the end of the month once the part arrives, so I'll follow up again to see if that was in fact the culprit.
    Funny you posted this as this was my issue also. With a gap feeler gauge I discovered a 2 feet section where the D seal didn't not compress against the facia. It barely touch. GD had approved a mobile tech last fall to come this spring after dewinterising. He came this week and came to the same conclusion that the facia wasn't straight. He was able to bend the facia toward the trailer which added some compression on that 2 feet section but that wasn't enough. Some water was still coming in but a lot less. He then added a round 1/4in maybe 3/8in foam under the D seal and that did the trick. It pushed the D seal out enough to get a proper compression to seal. https://www.dkhardware.com/frost-kin...t-3159679.html

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 GD Solitude 346 FLS-R with similar issues. Noticed water pooling next to front living room slides after rainfall with slides closed. Brought RV into dealer in September after purchasing new in April 2021. Water no longer pooling along slides but now I have noticed soft spots in the floor in that area. RV back at the dealer for the last 60 days waiting on flooring. Unsure if its residual from the earlier leaks or still continuing under the frame. GD covering the warranty as of now. Hoping they find the source as I really like the floorplan but a little concerned at this point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slides.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	41150
    Last edited by Bou401; 06-10-2022 at 12:40 PM. Reason: add pics
    Kay & Clint Boudreaux
    New Iberia, LA
    2021 Solitude 346 FLS-R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12