Thanks
    Will call Battle Born and get-r-dun.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    I really like the idea of switching to a lithium battery, but, if I am NOT planning on boondocking?
    I agree with just about all the statements in this thread. Here are my 2 cents at a slightly different angle:

I just completed the changeover in our Solitude. One 200Ah Lithium and a 2000W inverter/charger.

While I don’t intend to Boondock (one never knows what the future brings), I was looking for some peace of mind should I ever be forced to Boondock. It would be that one night at a truck stop because I could not find an open campground. The unforeseen travel breakdown, or even the dreaded power failure at a park.
    I was looking to have the confidence that I can survive one day (24 hrs) in comfort, or maybe two days if I’m careful. Yes, I carry a small generator, but that’s the next step to take.

The 'stock' battery would barely keep the lights on for an overnight. Forget heat or much of anything else. I look at the factory battery as the minimum power for your trailer brakes in a failure. It should last for about 1 minute of braking. Any power after that is a bonus. The 'stock' battery did fill this roll, barely.

This was my reasoning for spending the money and trying to rationalize it to myself.
    Best;
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Rob with everything you and others I have heard from. I try to prepare for as much as possible, hence my 3 ton aluminum jack from harbor freight, extra lengths of power cord and on and on.
    200amp huh.......hmmmmm!
    Thanks
    Ray

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I truly believe that all RVs should come equipped with Lithium batteries and a Lithium Converter right from the factory.

Lithium batteries just solve so many issues that are created by Lead Acid batteries in RVs that it is just easier to have Lithium batteries powering your RV.

For example...

You can use 100% of your battery's capacity.

Lithium batteries maintain a higher voltage all through the discharge window, whereas, Lead Acid batteries continuously provide lower and lower voltage as they discharge.

Storing your RV is easier and you are less likely to return to a dead battery.

If you run your battery down to 0% charge you don't cause harm to your battery (internal BMS prevents damage to the battery).

Lithium batteries weigh less and are easier to handle if you need to move them.

There is no hazardous gases to be concerned about so they can be mounted inside the living area of the coach if necessary.

They can be mounted right-side up, sideways, or even upside down.

They are maintenance free and will last 10 years or longer.

Lithium batteries (LiFePo4) in an RV are truly the best combination for storing and using energy inside your coach. It's a great combination, like: Peanut Butter and Jelly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    I agree with just about all the statements in this thread. Here are my 2 cents at a slightly different angle:

I just completed the changeover in our Solitude. One 200Ah Lithium and a 2000W inverter/charger.

While I don’t intend to Boondock (one never knows what the future brings), I was looking for some peace of mind should I ever be forced to Boondock. It would be that one night at a truck stop because I could not find an open campground. The unforeseen travel breakdown, or even the dreaded power failure at a park.
    I was looking to have the confidence that I can survive one day (24 hrs) in comfort, or maybe two days if I’m careful. Yes, I carry a small generator, but that’s the next step to take.

The 'stock' battery would barely keep the lights on for an overnight. Forget heat or much of anything else. I look at the factory battery as the minimum power for your trailer brakes in a failure. It should last for about 1 minute of braking. Any power after that is a bonus. The 'stock' battery did fill this roll, barely.

This was my reasoning for spending the money and trying to rationalize it to myself.
    Best;
    Rob

What 2000w charger/inverter did you install?
    Thanks

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JMO of course, but I can't see spending thousands of dollars if you don't really need to. Personally I'd rather spend it on travel expenses, but then again, I don't have an unlimited budget. With our old toyhauler, we traveled for 10 years and never felt the need for lithium batteries. We did have some times when we had to run the generator, but that was what it was for, and it came with the trailer. If you do plan on boondocking, or staying places with no shore power, then lithium makes more sense if you're looking at more than two days. We don't, and have other things we would rather spend our money on. But that's just us.

OTOH, if we had a residential refrigerator, or one of the 12V jobbies, it might be different...maybe.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hoopy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a Renogy 200 Ah battery:
    12V 200Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery w/ Bluetooth (renogy.com)

Then I disconnected the factory converter and put in a Go Power Unit (I found a deal that included the remote panel):
    IC Series 2000-watt Inverter Charger | Go Power (gpelectric.com)

Both items mounted in the front generator bay. Removing the stock battery and adding these was about a 25# gain total. So I moved a few items to keep my pin weight about the same.
    The battery has built in bluetooth data, combined with the inverter remote panel, gives me a complete monitoring system.

Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be putting in a LifeBlue 200 amp battery when the time comes. So much built in monitoring/technology. No need for any other monitoring devices.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoopy makes a good point. Everyone has a different pain/stress point to address. Our situations are all different, thats what makes meeting people and discussing so interesting.
    Also cost me a armload of money with all of the ideas here.

Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'll be putting in a LifeBlue 200 amp battery when the time comes. So much built in monitoring/technology. No need for any other monitoring devices.
    I also am planning to replace my 2 12V lead acid batteries with Lithium, been following all the posts and was planning on 2 100aH, DC to DC charger (for when driving), replace my current convertor and get a portable solar suitcase (planning on the Alaska trip).....I always had a concern because I do have a genset.... the one Lithium manufacturer states not to use for starting....well now I read about this Lifeblue 200 Ah and sounds like a LOT of my concerns go away and I would save some money on components (if I'm reading this right).

Who has a Lifeblue installed and can you provide some feedback?

Thanks

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast