User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theater seat cable

Something came unhooked or broke on one of the seats. Looked under the good one to get some idea of how they worked to possibly open by hand to be able to work on it. Not enough room to get an arm in there. Any ideas or fixes from someone that has had this issue?
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember someone posting a solution for this issue in the last year or 2. If you do a search maybe advance, it should come up.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found one thread about a cable breaking but I think what broke is under the seat, not the pull cable. Biggest problem is how the hell do I get the seat out to turn it over?
    2021 Imagine 2970RL

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobnColo View Post
    I found one thread about a cable breaking but I think what broke is under the seat, not the pull cable. Biggest problem is how the hell do I get the seat out to turn it over?
    If it's like ours, you have to crawl under and remove the screws holding it down to the floor.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know how I'm going to that. The footstool won't come up and I can't even get an arm in there much less crawl under.
    2021 Imagine 2970RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start with removing the back; standing behind seat, grab both sides of back and lift/slide UP. There might be a latch preventing this movement, but i doubt it.

Something came unhooked or broke on one of the seats. Looked under the good one to get some idea of how they worked to possibly open by hand to be able to work on it. Not enough room to get an arm in there. Any ideas or fixes from someone that has had this issue?
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know how I'm going to that. The footstool won't come up and I can't even get an arm in there much less crawl under.
    Suggestion from my husband - take the chair next to it out. And the center console. Then you should be able to reach under the broken one. It's 3 separate pieces, and they come apart pretty easily. Now, putting them back together can be challenging, but do-able.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This very same thing exactly happened to me about 2 years ago. Can't budge the seat no matter what. Trying to remove the seat from the floor is impossible. You figure with the many posts about this that Grand Designs would come up with a fix. So far we've just learned to live with it. Asked the dealer about the problem and they said to bring it in, but our GD 2800bh is permanently setup and we don't want to go thru the hassle. We've just learned to deal with it sorry to say. Good luck trying to fix it. Hopefully someone will post a fix.

Cheers!

Rich

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just switch seats with your spouse, problem solved (or so you think).

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced a broken cable on our loveseat. If that is the problem here is the replacement:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRBZKD5...roduct_details

It's an exact replacement and you get 2 for $10, not 1 for $80 that Lippert wants.

Our loveseat wasn't screwed down, so we just flipped it over and cut out a bunch of fabric covering the bottom. I couldn't get the arm off so had to get the stubby screwdriver out to get to a couple of screws holding the cable handle to the side of the seat. It was actually a pretty easy fix and now i have a spare for the other side.

If your loveseat is screwed to the floor you might be able to just pry it up. The screws are little more than drywall screws into chip board. Ours only had 2 screws thru a metal bar about 10" back from the foot rest. I took them out when we first got our rig to adjust the placement and never put them back in.
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast