User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would they screw down the sofa? I've had 2 trailers with sofas and neither were screwed down. They're not going to fly around inside the RV.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our cable became dislodged instead of broken. See the link from @akgourmet to amazon, the end of the cable came out of the mechanism it’s inserted into that allows it to open.

Both recliners had several #2 screws along the bottom front track to be removed. I somehow squeezed my hands under and behind the one that would not open to get the screws out. Not pleasant. Once out I tilted both recliners over and forward and climbed behind them to discover how to reattach the cable. No problems since.

I didn’t replace the screws in case it happened again but was concerned about the recliners moving during travel. I screwed D-rings into the floor behind the recliners, one on each corner. I attached a Carabiner to each ring then used a black vinyl strap with clip ends to pull tight when we travel. I put a small piece of pool-noodle on each side of the recliner where the strap makes contact so as not to damage the material. Works well.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Why would they screw down the sofa? I've had 2 trailers with sofas and neither were screwed down. They're not going to fly around inside the RV.
    They won't "fly around", but they can travel. Rough roads and vibration will do that. And, if the recliner/sofa is in a spot that traveling wedges it behind a slide out, or blocking the door, it could be an issue.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved thanks for the ideas. GD and Lippert were no help other than to tell me to call my dealer. Since we fulltime and are in Arizona for the winter, not doable. Also non of the LCI "dealers" around here don't do service call or warranty work. So I pulled up the seats and found a nut backed off from the lever that opens the footrest. Tight workspace but got it back in and working. Thanks again for all the tips. One little wood screw holds each seat down. May or not put it back, but now the wife doesn't have to sit in the non working side lol.
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12