User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think.

There is a guy that just arrived with a Momentum G 393G with the specs of UVW 13,980 GVWR 20,000 Hitch Weight 2950 Length 43.9 feet and on the IRV2 forum he read that any 3/4 ton can pull a 5er up to 14,000 and 3100 pounds of hitch weight without a problem. He purchased a 2011 F250 Diesel with GVWR of 9900 pounds yellow sticker CC of 1890 pounds. Posted in almost all IRV2 3/4 ton threads you will be fined a post saying 14,000 pounds RV and 3100 pin weight is just fine. This guy doesn't have any toys he uses the garage for two teenage kids and dad is about 6'5" and 350 pounds and wife I would guess in the 250 range and the kids another couple hundred pounds. This is the guys first truck and first RV and he has no idea that hitch weight would increase with loading and he is a full timer. He having sway problems and was asking what he could do to prevent it. People don't have post they just read and try to digest the information and he look high at post counts as being a expert on the subject. What do you thins his pin weight?

This is the second guy I have run into in the last year that has got the same info off of IRV2 and the other guy was over 600 over his axle weight and 200 pounds over tire ratings.

Now he saying he all in and can't afford another truck and this going have do for a couple of years.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 01-05-2022 at 06:59 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I watched a video yesterday by an RV transporter who did an instructional video on what you need to start rv transport. He had a Ram 2500 diesel, with an in bed 50 gallon fuel tank and a large packed tool box. He stated he could tow anything up to 19,000 lbs. Then proceeded to say he could haul more than a dually because dualleys are heavy. Some people don't research or attempt to learn how to do things correctly. It actually made me laugh he was so dumb.
    Last edited by mkevinmarshsr; 01-05-2022 at 06:20 PM.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkevinmarshsr View Post
    Well I watched a video yesterday by an RV transporter who did an instructional video on what you need to start rv transport. He had a Ram 2500 diesel, with an in bed 50 gallon fuel tank and a large packed tool box. He stated he could tow anything up to 19,000 lbs. Then proceeded to say he could haul more than a dually because dualleys are heavy. Some people don't research or attempt to learn how to do things correctly. It actually made me laugh he was so dumb.
    I was the guy about 8 years ago with Chevy 2500 and FR full profile 5er but I got my bad information from a car and RV dealer. I guess it doesn't matter where you get bad information from it still bad information. I got my correct information from a forum and thankful I did.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 01-05-2022 at 06:29 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the guy paid no attention to what he was reading, and interpreted it to mean what he wanted. You can't blame people for other people doing stupid things. The guy read only what he wanted to read and did what he wanted to do and attributed his actions to other people. Pretty common reaction when you point out their problems: "It's not my fault", "I was led astray", "They said I could do it".

As the old saying goes: "You can't fix stupid".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I think the guy paid no attention to what he was reading, and interpreted it to mean what he wanted. You can't blame people for other people doing stupid things. The guy read only what he wanted to read and did what he wanted to do and attributed his actions to other people. Pretty common reaction when you point out their problems: "It's not my fault", "I was led astray", "They said I could do it".

As the old saying goes: "You can't fix stupid".
    You have to get your information from somewhere. I got mine for a Truck Dealership and RV Dealership that I conceded expert and knowledgeable but turn out they were just making another sale. I though I got good information for people in the know but I was over my GAWR when loaded ready to camp.

As the old say goes "You don't what you don't know"
    Dennis & Ellie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    There is a guy that just arrived with a Momentum G 393G with the specs of UVW 13,980 GVWR 20,000 Hitch Weight 2950 Length 43.9 feet and on the IRV2 forum he read that any 3/4 ton can pull a 5er up to 14,000 and 3100 pounds of hitch weight without a problem. He purchased a 2011 F250 Diesel with GVWR of 9900 pounds yellow sticker CC of 1890 pounds. Posted in almost all IRV2 3/4 ton threads you will be fined a post saying 14,000 pounds RV and 3100 pin weight is just fine. This guy doesn't have any toys he uses the garage for two teenage kids and dad is about 6'5" and 350 pounds and wife I would guess in the 250 range and the kids another couple hundred pounds. This is the guys first truck and first RV and he has no idea that hitch weight would increase with loading and he is a full timer. He having sway problems and was asking what he could do to prevent it. People don't have post they just read and try to digest the information and he look high at post counts as being a expert on the subject. What do you thins his pin weight?

This is the second guy I have run into in the last year that has got the same info off of IRV2 and the other guy was over 600 over his axle weight and 200 pounds over tire ratings.

Now he saying he all in and can't afford another truck and this going have do for a couple of years.

I think that we seen the same guy, the guy had a F250 towing a TH that weight up to 20,000lbs and all I got to say is he is crazy.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In every campground I've ever been to there is at least one guy with a truck clearly underrated for what he is towing. My thought is always that they either don't know (I think 'Ignorance is bliss' is the catch phrase for this) or don't care. It's the ones that don't care that would worry me the most.

I see this underrated towing thing more and more as RVs get bigger and bigger and folks want to RV no matter what.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I think that we seen the same guy, the guy had a F250 towing a TH that weight up to 20,000lbs and all I got to say is he is crazy.
    Hey, I'm also retired enlisted and retired in 1987. Several of us explain weights and ratings and he was almost in tears and now he understands were he went wrong. He just didn't understand and reminded me of me when I got my first RV. I was Aviation and an aircraft inspector and aircraft weight and balance NCO and though I understood the numbers.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 01-05-2022 at 08:12 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess a few days late on this as i was originally searching for info on a tow vehicle, but anyhow here goes.
    Our first to bumper pulls, we were clearly way overweight, the first one probably about 1000 pounds, the second one at least 800 pounds. We attended an RV ralley in Oregon, had a great time and learned a lot. Anyhow, when we got home from that trip. We weighed at the scales, loaded, then went home and unloaded everything, yep took a while, put it in foldable crates, weighed all of it. I may still have the list. But long story longer, ha, we realized that we were hauling too much stuff, weighed to much and not only put the trailer at the time to full weight capacity with full water, but put the tow vehicle about 1000 pounds over capacity without us and some other stuff, so actually about 1500 ish pounds, we weigh in at about 195 and 165 so yeah alot of people don't know, don't care and are unsafe. for us, we do our best to keep all capacities about 500 under max. think we have done a pretty good job and even changed vehicles when we changed trailers. thinks smart, check it out and be safe. thanks for letting me chime in.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the old say goes "You don't what you don't know"
    But you can find out and learn.
    I had a 1500 originally and thought I was good. Then I finally got to a CAT scale. Overloaded on both payload and GCWR, not by much, but that was only loaded for a 4 night outing.
    2 months later I bought the 2500. Yes more than I need but DW and I both feel better being "over trucked".
    YMMV
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins