User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnMayor View Post
    I will also try turning the thermostat down lower and seeing if that makes a difference if the furnace is running and I'm not realizing it.
    Stick around a bit, turn up the temp and see exactly what is happening. If the heat is not supposed to use gas, you can turn off the propane at the tank.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spray all the fittings/hose connections with soapy water. Watch for bubbles. Found that all my hose connections were leaking just before I put it away for the winter. My spring project when I wake it from its nap....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Spray all the fittings/hose connections with soapy water. Watch for bubbles. Found that all my hose connections were leaking just before I put it away for the winter. My spring project when I wake it from its nap....
    @UnMayor, This a good thing to do. I too ran out of propane while the trailer was stored in the back yard. I had the heat set for 40-45 degrees and ran out quickly. Because I was not camping in it, I did not notice that the regulator was leaking at the selector switch. I had to order a new one. The soap and water check is something I will now do periodically. Best wishes, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too had a leak in our propane system, turned out to be the main regulator with the selector switch (on the left side for us). I learned a lot about our propane system trouble shooting, like GD removed the check valve on the main regulator for the left tank because they placed the regulator to close to the side wall and couldn't connect the hose.
    Since I replaced the regulator we have not had another problem. I bought a battery operated propane sniffer with a flexible wand which I use quarterly and or biannually to "sniff" for propane leaks. I run it around the both regulators, tank connection pig tales, tank valves, and the multi-connection manifold located on our left side mid-ship on the frame rail where the lines run off to the furnace, water heater and fridge, stove. It has an audible alarm that screams loudly when it "smells" a propane leak. I store it with the batteries removed.

With our main thermostat set to heat at 63*, in cold weather down to mid 20s, we can last @ 4 days on a single 30# tank. We also use supplemental electrical heaters. We have a remote temp probe down in the storage compartment near the nautilus panel so we can monitor the temp down there that communicates to a monitor inside the coach via WiFi.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if anyone mentioned to close the valves when you are not using the trailer...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input fellas.
    I plan on soaping all the connections I can find this weekend to see if there's a leak. The more I'm reading though I think I'm leaving the heat up too high since I've learned the underbelly is heated by the furnace. I'm still unclear on what thermostat underbelly temps are controlled by though.
    If I turn off the tanks, would the electric heat suffice for preventing any lines freezing? I wasn't planning on winterizing it since it stays plugged up and we do use it periodically, but I do not know how much circulation the underbelly receives from interior heat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2014 F-350 Platinum SRW
    2021 Solitude 378-MBS-R

"Keep not standing fixed and rooted. Briskly venture, briskly roam."

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    We too had a leak in our propane system, turned out to be the main regulator with the selector switch (on the left side for us). I learned a lot about our propane system trouble shooting, like GD removed the check valve on the main regulator for the left tank because they placed the regulator to close to the side wall and couldn't connect the hose.
    Since I replaced the regulator we have not had another problem. I bought a battery operated propane sniffer with a flexible wand which I use quarterly and or biannually to "sniff" for propane leaks. I run it around the both regulators, tank connection pig tales, tank valves, and the multi-connection manifold located on our left side mid-ship on the frame rail where the lines run off to the furnace, water heater and fridge, stove. It has an audible alarm that screams loudly when it "smells" a propane leak. I store it with the batteries removed.

With our main thermostat set to heat at 63*, in cold weather down to mid 20s, we can last @ 4 days on a single 30# tank. We also use supplemental electrical heaters. We have a remote temp probe down in the storage compartment near the nautilus panel so we can monitor the temp down there that communicates to a monitor inside the coach via WiFi.

Hi Steven:
    After reading your post I checked out Propane sniffers.
    They seem to cost from $22.00 to $150.00.
    If possible would you post the model you purchased?
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnMayor View Post
    Thanks for all the input fellas.
    I plan on soaping all the connections I can find this weekend to see if there's a leak. The more I'm reading though I think I'm leaving the heat up too high since I've learned the underbelly is heated by the furnace. I'm still unclear on what thermostat underbelly temps are controlled by though.
    If I turn off the tanks, would the electric heat suffice for preventing any lines freezing? I wasn't planning on winterizing it since it stays plugged up and we do use it periodically, but I do not know how much circulation the underbelly receives from interior heat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Underbelly is only heated when the propane furnace runs. The furnace is controlled by the thermostat in the living area. Electric heat in the living area will not keep the underbelly or basement compartment warm so water lines may freeze if it gets cold enough. If the trailer is in freezing conditions then winterize it.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Hi Steven:
    After reading your post I checked out Propane sniffers.
    They seem to cost from $22.00 to $150.00.
    If possible would you post the model you purchased?
    Bob A.
    I bought this one, Don't remember what it cost, got it from Amazon 2 years ago, I also use it on our Propane Fire Bowl to check for leaks. Just checked, currently 32.99

Also our temperature monitor in case anyone is wondering, is a La Crosse Technologies WS 9160U-IT, our kids got us for Christmas a couple years ago. You can connect multiple probes/temp sensors to the monitor. The probes are TX29U-IT, 915 MHz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2812.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 01-07-2022 at 10:16 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a Winn Tek regulator? I went through 40 lbs of propane in 3 days while on an electric site and only using propane for my grill. Turned out to be a faulty regulator which I replaced myself. The Winn Tek regulator is currently a recall item at Grand Design.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast