User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    Is it a Winn Tek regulator? I went through 40 lbs of propane in 3 days while on an electric site and only using propane for my grill. Turned out to be a faulty regulator which I replaced myself. The Winn Tek regulator is currently a recall item at Grand Design.
    Ours was a Fairview 9984 regulator that went bad and leaked around the selector valve, that was right after we got the unit way before they had a recall on the Winn Tek.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my 30lb tanks had a leak at the valve where it screws into the tank. A local propane distributor put in a new valve and it has not leaked anymore.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how often you use the gas furnace and how long it runs when in use. However, here is some data I got from this site a few years back on propane consumption.

One gallon of propane will provide 91,500 BTUs. I believe the 30 lb tanks hold about 7 gallons of propane. The furnace will consume about 30,000 BTU/hr when running constantly. So, if the furnace is running constantly it will consume 1/3 gallon of propane in an hour or 8 gallons in a 24 hour period. If it runs at a pace of 50% then you would use 4 gallons of propane in a 24 hour period.

You still might have a leak but this might also help you understand how much the gas furnace consumes.
    Last edited by Allyn56; 01-08-2022 at 12:26 PM.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyn56 View Post
    I'm not sure how often you use the gas furnace and how long it runs when in use. However, here is some data I got from this site a few years back on propane consumption.

One gallon of propane will provide 91,500 BTUs. The furnace will consume about 30,000 BTU/hr when running constantly. So, if the furnace is running constantly it will consume 1/3 gallon of propane in an hour or 8 gallons in a 24 hour period. If it runs at a pace of 50% then you would use 4 gallons of propane in a 24 hour period.

You still might have a leak but this might also help you understand how much the gas furnace consumes.
    I agree with this. The OP was also under the impression that the heat being used was electric and not gas (heat pump option?). I believe the gas furnace has been running.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side note: There is a reason I carry a spare, full 20# tank in the bed of the truck.

If necessary, not only does it serve as a spare, I can swap it out at just about anywhere for a full one, in an emergency.

You can't swap the 30# tanks.

Cheap insurance.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is all the propane going??

Quote Originally Posted by Najataagihe View Post
    Side note: There is a reason I carry a spare, full 20# tank in the bed of the truck.

If necessary, not only does it serve as a spare, I can swap it out at just about anywhere for a full one, in an emergency.

You can't swap the 30# tanks.

Cheap insurance.
    Why can’t you swap out the 30lb tanks?

As long as you have a spare just as easily swapped. Agree it’s bigger and heavier.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Why can’t you swap out the 30lb tanks?

As long as you have a spare just as easily swapped. Agree it’s bigger and heavier.
    Oh, you can swap them on the TRAILER, but you can't swap an empty for a full at a grocery store or Wal-Mart or building supply store or...

It's expensive to swap out a complete bottle at a Blue Rhino (tm) station, but you can, at least, DO it, in an emergency, with a 20# tank.

No 30# tanks available, as the refills are really aimed at the outdoor gas grille market.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Najataagihe View Post
    Oh, you can swap them on the TRAILER, but you can't swap an empty for a full at a grocery store or Wal-Mart or building supply store or...

It's expensive to swap out a complete bottle at a Blue Rhino (tm) station, but you can, at least, DO it, in an emergency, with a 20# tank.

No 30# tanks available, as the refills are really aimed at the outdoor gas grille market.
    Gotcha…agree with that.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the manual on your middle AC unit. Mine is a heat pump but when the temp difference on what the thermostat is set to vs. what the inside air temp is, is greater than 5 degrees, it will automatically switch over to using the furnace to get it within range. Also, The heat pump AC's won't work when the outside temp gets below a certain temp (I believe 45-50 degrees). Yours may work differently, but that has been my experience with mine on my Solitude 390RK-R. Just something to check and think about.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m my new TT I got short tanked on both of them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast