Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnMayor View Post
    Oh man, that's fantastic, thank you.
    We've had our camper about 8 months and life has been crazy chaotic, making time available for addressing problems tremendously sparse. So seeing the simplicity of this one is wonderful news!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Make certain you tell the folks where you get the cap that its for a JIC37 fitting..

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    Make certain you tell the folks where you get the cap that its for a JIC37 fitting..
    Will do.
    How our camper is currently, slides in and leveled up, would there be any needed pressure released prior to removing the fitting?

2014 F-350 Platinum SRW
    2021 Solitude 378-MBS-R

"Keep not standing fixed and rooted. Briskly venture, briskly roam."

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the picture from what I can see the QD fitting that is leaking is on the retract side.. If I were gonna pull that cap I would have to have the fifth wheel either hooked up to the truck or supports under the front in case the Frt LG started to retract... They should't since the Hydac valve ( located on on of the Frt LG ) is electrically closed preventing flow of fluid... The Hydac valve will only open when it receives a 12 volt DC signal to it to open.. Its a normally closed valve actuated by a solenoid around the valve itself

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    I would remove the QD fitting and union and put a JIC37 female cap in place and not worry anymore.. The QD fittings ( there are two) are for pressure testing of the extend and retract sides of the system.. you will never use these..

And most RV repair centers won't either because they don't have a clue

That cap is 1/4inch and should be able to get this at most any NAPA autp parts store or farm tractor type store...

https://www.discounthydraulichose.co...emale-cap.html
    That did exactly what it needed to! I stopped by Napa before our last trip and picked up one and it completely eliminated the leak.
    I was in a hurry trying to get a bunch of stuff wrapped up beforehand but knew I needed to get that cap on. I checked the fitting and figured if it were under any pressure it would be leaking and I wouldn't be able to swivel it so easily with my fingers. I proceeded to pop it right off with minimal dripping and got that cap in place. Pre and post trip inspection showed no fluid [emoji106]

Thank you again!

2014 F-350 Platinum SRW
    2021 Solitude 378-MBS-R

"Keep not standing fixed and rooted. Briskly venture, briskly roam."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12