User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has already covered the bases here.

We settled on Layla for warranty and different firmness levels in one mattress (we're surprised how much we flip between the two depending on how our backs are feeling), but it's almost all brand loyalty at this point and the products aren't too terribly different if you are talking a bed in a box.

If you do go bed in a box, def listen to the recommendation about not opening the vacuum packaging until it is in place. Much easier to manage when it is not expanded.

Enjoy your future good nights of rest.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrawford719 View Post
    We need to replace the mattress in our 260RL. It is a standard queen. We'd love to know which mattress others have chosen when replacing. There are so many to choose from! Thank you in advance.
    We replaced ours with one from Wilderness RV Mattress and love it. We like it better than our SleepNumber in our home! It’s pretty heavy so just an FYI.

Anyway, to each his own when choosing a mattress but we love this one. 👍

https://wildernessrvmattress.com/col...tana-pillowtop
    2020 GMC Denali 3500HD
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310-GK
    TST - TPMS
    B&W Companion 20k hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrawford719 View Post
    We need to replace the mattress in our 260RL. It is a standard queen. We'd love to know which mattress others have chosen when replacing. There are so many to choose from! Thank you in advance.
    We put one of these in our previous TT about 8 years ago and loved it. I believe the only difference was that one was a 6" mattress... We loved it then and still love it today. Heavier than the factory mattress but I can still easily lift the bed platform myself... I just doesn't stay up without a little help.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/328456448
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question is, how ‘standard’ is that standard queen?
    It’s not cheap, but I went with a custom Tochta (Utopia), and we love it.
    Each bedroom in my house has a different mattress from different companies in my search of a good one. Tochta compares favorably with the best on I have at my house.

You can customize the actual size and corner radii. Adding large corner radii are key when making the mattress easy to walk by in a tight space (like an RV bedroom). I also recommend the custom fitted sheets to fit the mattress.

But I would not spend this much if a standard mattress will do the trick for you.

Beyond that, mattress preference is very subjective. Good luck figuring it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed a sleep number split cell (adjustable 2 both sides independently) last year, but like others have stated its preference. Sleep number makes to sizes just for RV. Then you can adjust your firmness to your preference.
    2019 Ram 2500 CTD Custom Crew Cab (DRW), RoadMaster RM257 Heavy hauler, Cummins Generator, 2020 380Fl

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeOfLuxury View Post
    We installed a sleep number split cell (adjustable 2 both sides independently) last year, but like others have stated its preference. Sleep number makes to sizes just for RV. Then you can adjust your firmness to your preference.
    Would you happen to have a link for the Sleep Number RV mattress?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is link I found looks like camping world carries as well https://www.campingworld.com/sleep-n...ss-622935.html
    2019 Ram 2500 CTD Custom Crew Cab (DRW), RoadMaster RM257 Heavy hauler, Cummins Generator, 2020 380Fl

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got a Tuft and Needle https://www.tuftandneedle.com in a Tiffin motorhome and loved it. There was no smell. We took the box into the Tiffin and did everything in there.

We downsized last year, sold the Tiffin and got a 22MLE. Took the mattress out of the Tiffin and put it in the new RV. The old "POS" went into the Tiffin, still wrapped up.

We will have to get better struts also.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a new bed for the house and put the house bed in our 303. Worked great 😊

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if they ship to US, but, for what its worth Endy makes a great matress. We have one at home and ordered one for the RV, two days after we ordered the RV. Very happy with it.

https://ca.endy.com/pages/endy-mattr...=Endy+Mattress
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast